• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need help with an ebay purchase, shipping to canada

68gtx

Local time
2:52 PM
Reaction score
i need a set of these for my new to me 84 dodge ram,http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330797932603&_trksid=p2992.m753

wanna buy them as i cant find any in canada, but under no circumstances will they ship to canada, is there anyone out there that would buy these for me , and then send them to me here, i can pay you for your time, i know its alot to ask , but it's worth a shot...
also appologize for posting this here , but you all have helped me so many times...

thanks in advance

heres a pic of the truck ram5.jpg

as an ebayer for about 12 years, i can fully understand why he wont ship to Canada. there is so much red tape and paperwork involved with shipping to Canada that its just not worth it. anyone else shipping to you will be going through that exact same process.

love the truck by the way!

I may be able to help you ,can u pm me
Paul

I may be able to help you ,can u pm me
Paul

me 2, the same. i have a sister in texas. ship to her, re-ship to you. your credit card has to be approved to buy in the sates and ship in the states. no big deal, a phone call only one time and good forever. i have been down this road.

as an ebayer for about 12 years, i can fully understand why he wont ship to Canada. there is so much red tape and paperwork involved with shipping to Canada that its just not worth it. anyone else shipping to you will be going through that exact same process.

i might be wrong but i don't think that is the reason. shipping as an individual or smaller distributor, yes there is paper work. shipping ups or usps with a volume is hassle free for the shipper. a different bill of lading only and they would handle the rest. guessing here.

it almost sounds like a protected area, canada. guessing again, sounds like canada is serviced by exclusive to someone else. for him to cut canada off and it looks like the rest of the world he is sure limiting his market to the u.s.a, ie: protected area.

loosing sales with todays tech, ie; billing, doesn't make sense to me. there is a couple of large parts guys that advertise on here that won't ship usps with-in the states. but they will to canada if you specify no, to ups. they don't loose the sale. using ups to canada is legal rape. the extra charges are nuts and on my end.

this is all a guess, dog

love the truck by the way!
me too.

Last edited:
Its not that big of a deal if you ship through the postal service.I do it all the time with old sled parts.Customs form and its on its way.

For the sake of Pete. Really, red tape?? Takes 30 sec to fill out the customs form.
I ship to Canada and the rest of the world all the time.
I'll do it if you need.

i need a set of these for my new to me 84 dodge ram,http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330797932603&_trksid=p2992.m753

wanna buy them as i cant find any in canada, but under no circumstances will they ship to canada, is there anyone out there that would buy these for me , and then send them to me here, i can pay you for your time, i know its alot to ask , but it's worth a shot...
also appologize for posting this here , but you all have helped me so many times...

thanks in advance

heres a pic of the truckView attachment 93608
+

Those parts shipped to Canada through the US Postal Svc as stated are no big deal or expense.It takes about two minutes to fill out customs form,that's it.If the seller only ships UPS,that is a different animal,they get tired of being ripped of with the UPS fee's.

I get stuff shipped up to Canada quite often. Most of the time, there's no trace of customs paperwork, just a large padded envelope, or paper wrapped box with some stamps on it. Some sellers worry too much.

I have things shipped to Canada useing the US mail,no problems at all

sent you a pm

Ha thats timing, I just replied.

- - - Updated - - -

Sellers that won't ship out of the country are just hurting themselves. I've shipped a full C-body trunk pan to Norway. Complete big blocks to Germany and gazillions of smaller parts to 5 continents. Back in 08 and 09 when most Americans weren't making their house payment our friends to the north were saving my bacon.

last year i sold not 1 but 2 bass guitars to 2 different people in Canada. i had to ship UPS. by the time it was all said and done, i had to make 3 trips to the ups store...the closest one from where i was living at the time was 20 miles. thats 3 trips there...and 3 trips back home. do ya think they would have told me what i needed the first trip.....NOOOOOOO...they didnt. each time i went to ship with the info they wanted.....they wanted more info that i didnt have.SOOOOOOOOO.... on top of dealing with that crap....2 people in canada pissed off coz they has to pay some kinda FEE for who knows what. filling out 4 different forms in TRIPLICATE...i vowed never to ship outside the lower 48 again. that whole ordeal was enuff for me.

now since all of you guys were right there beside me during all of this,,, and and went thru all that with me, im glad to know that YOU dont have any problems, and know alot more than i do. if its so easy...THEN WHY ARENT ONE OF YOU HELPING THIS GUY instead of telling ME HOW EASY IT IS??????????????????///

Oh I believe ya dog. UPS sucks. Sorry if anyone here works for them but FedEx is so much better.
And yes, I have offered to help and we are in the PM mode now. lol.
Yes when shipping FedEx or UPS to Canada they need to have a broker accept the package and pay a fee. I alway advise them and they have to arrange that. Some do and some have a US shipping address.

I try to stay away from UPS,sorry guys.They have there own brokers so they have that extra charge plus HST,tax for Ont.I have my stuff shipped to Detroit since im only 20 minutes from the border.If i have it shipped to my home i use USPS(post office),they are a better deal also
Paul

i couldnt BEEEEEEELIEEVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the frikkin hoops i had to jump through to get those to Canada.tons of emails and phone calls to the buyers arguing with the UPS people.......took 3 DAYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS until they were on a truck with all the trips i had to make.NEVER AGAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

if ya ship world wide on a daily or weekly basis....im sure you have it down to a science. for some putz like me its aggrivating coz im never sure what info they want, but you can bet your *** no matter how much info you take with ya,,,they're gonna want something ya dont have and thats exactly what happened.....3 TIMES!!!!

BESIDES, SHIPPING RATES HAVE GONE THRU THE ROOF IN THE PAST 2-3 YEARS....im having a hard time selling on ebay just for that reason....idiots emailing you asking you to do the impossible and lose your shirt..... im not in the game to lose money....i either break even or it sits here.....coz it aint costing me a dime for it to do that. !

Ya shipping rates have killed alot of deals for me. I hear ya. I had to jump through all those hoops and such. I almost gave up but didn't. Plus finding boxes and bubble wrap, ect,ect,ect. Shipping is a necessary evil in my business.

Auto Transport Service
Back