• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Negative battery cable 70 model

MWbirdLOVER70

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:14 PM
Reaction score
Hi all. Today I bought a new test light and was checking it across the top of the battery and it lite up. Ground end to neg battery cable end to block and touched positive side of battery and no light. Small neg wire on core support and touch hot side of battery no light on. What gives? Main neg wire been there it’s whole life and always starts when I turn the key. Please enlighten me cause it’s def weird. No battery draws, no hot positive wire suggesting looking for a ground just scratching my head on this one. TIA Almost forgot battery was disconnected while preforming tests.

E01CA4FA-D476-4105-8ADF-C1509CCE47F0.jpeg

The reason is there’s not any potential there with the battery unhooked. If you connect either positive or negative you would get a reading.

Last edited:
Also , not that it matters , but correct

From the factory the negative cable went under the throttle return spring bracket

The reason is there’s not any potential there with the battery unhooked. If you connect either positive or negative you would get a reading.
Thank brother. Just kinda was like “What” when the light didn’t come on. Thought in theory that touch a ground and the positive side of battery the light should light up.

Also , not that it matters , but correct

From the factory the negative cable went under the throttle return spring bracket
Makes sense but had it that way forever but hey, up to being correct since had her forever

Auto Transport Service
Back