• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Never know who you will meet.

BeepBeepRR

Local time
11:25 PM
Reaction score
While I was working out in Conyers which is one of the original places they shot Dukes of Hazzard. And Covington Georgia. While out sitting on the tailgate of the truck eating lunch saw a white ford with tons of General Lee stickers and what not on it. One of the stickers said 40 + 01 = a lifetime of fun. So I happened to meet the guy when he came out to his truck. Asked him what the 40 + 01 meant. It was 40 years of Dukes. Apparently he is a big youtuber and totally into the Dukes. He was down here from Michigan to tour the original film locations for the channel.

Anyhow we talked a bit and he seemed to be pretty cool and he gave me some stickers. We talked about Mopars and stuff. Anyhow if anyone is into Dukes check out his channel ChunkeyMonkey40 on youtube. Lots of Dukes stuff on there. His stickers will not go on any car I own but I'll put them on my tool box just because its a General Lee. Not for the phrasing on the decal. It says I General Lee dont give a fu@K but it has a picture of a flying General Lee.. Cool for a tool box but not my vehicles.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmgLXZPRnDobUVNMszdpyiQ

Here is picture of him with Bo Duke...
?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FWuv4ck5XG4U%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
"I General Lee" ??? Looks like it was made in China !

the dukes of hazzard was a good show in it's day, but sometime you just gotta let go and move on

False.
The show is timeless. They rarely had episodes that were topical or political. Aside from the cars and lack of cell phones, the show looks as genuine today as in 1979.

cool tale
thanks for sharing

I really liked the show,
I'm sure I've seen every episode several times
innocent enough, funny at times, a few cool cars
& nice ladies

Part of my youth

all the thousands of fake wannabe GLs not so much

I really don't get what all 'the offended (racist) BS is over'
it's not an official Confederate flag,
it was a Georgia State Battle flag/Stars & Bars

I wish people would quit fucken' with real history

"I General Lee" ??? Looks like it was made in China !
I think you missed the point. "I generally don't give a ****." Pretty much his opinion on anyone who hates the Confederate battle flag or the General Lee. It was a TV show and the Dukes never showed hate in the show. They were just good old boys never meanin no harm.

I'm not sure why, but Georgia has 159 counties. Most are run by Boss Hogg and his relatives. :p

DOH is reality TV for Georgia:D

:rofl:

cool tale
thanks for sharing

I really liked the show,
I'm sure I've seen every episode several times
innocent enough, funny at times, a few cool cars
& nice ladies

Part of my youth

all the thousands of fake wannabe GLs not so much

I really don't get what all 'the offended (racist) BS is over'
it's not an official Confederate flag,
it was a Georgia State Battle flag/Stars & Bars

I wish people would quit fucken' with real history
The Battle Flag is NOT the Stars and Bars. That is the nickname for the First Confederate Flag. And the Battle Flag WAS an official Flag, they used it to differentiate the South from the North during battle because the First Confederate (Stars and Bars) resembled Old Glory.

I'm not sure why, but Georgia has 159 counties. Most are run by Boss Hogg and his relatives. :p

DOH is reality TV for Georgia:D

:rofl:
Sounds good to me. Good old boys working the farm, cute waitresses at the bar, family values and fast cars. The good guys won and the local mechanic was cheap!

Eastern-Confederate-Flag-1024x969.jpg

Confederate armies in the east used the square battle flag from 1862 until war’s end.

Stainless-Banner-1024x568.jpg

Adopted on May 1, 1863, the second national flag the Stainless Banner, incorporated the battle flag in its canton.

Stars-and-Bars-Flag-1024x643.jpg

The first national flag, the Stars and Bars, was used in 1861, but fell out of favor because it resembled the U.S. flag.

Stainless-Banner-Flag-1024x553.jpg

A red fly edge was added to the Stainless Banner in March 1865, but this flag saw limited use.

https://www.historynet.com/embattled-banner-the-true-history-of-the-confederate-flag/

This is an example of a Confederate Naval Jack... yup, it's an original piece.

Chuck (snook)

C-Jack.jpg

BeepBeepRR, thanks for the pictorial!
Flag trivia question....

Which Confederate Flag is still used by the US military?

Correct answer gets a virtual cold drank.

Auto Transport Service
Back