• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New 69 GTX

ANDYANDDJ

Local time
3:29 AM
Reaction score
Hello I"m Jeff from alabama, I bought a 69 GTX a a couple years ago and hopefully getting started back on it soon. Its complete and has the matching number 440 , transmission numbers doesnt match . Pulled the motor out and got it disassembled, it had slung a rod thankfully not through the block. My engine builder has rebuilt it and is ready to go back in. Im sure I will be needing advice and have questions during the process of getting it back on the road. I have a new steering sector and the 727 has been rebuilt, I know Ill have to do brakes and other work to get it back on the road after 40 years of sitting. The GTX was kept in a barn and still has the 1980 tag on it from the last year it was registered.

20211004_125822 (1).jpg

20211004_142529 (1).jpg

That GTX has found a loving home! Always good to see another one saved. Keep us posted on your progress and welcome to FBBO!!

Welcome from PA!
You're off and running, we'll almost!
Enjoy the ride.
Ask away, really. There isn't anything these old coots haven't seen, heard, or fixed hundreds of times.

Cool project 69 GTX

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome. On the classic car front. I've only owned Plymouths. (Coincidence at first, but now my theme.) Have 3 currently in stable.

But I truly believe the 1969 GTX is the finest car Plymouth ever built.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. Good luck with your GTX project.

Hello I"m Jeff from alabama, I bought a 69 GTX a a couple years ago and hopefully getting started back on it soon. Its complete and has the matching number 440 , transmission numbers doesnt match . Pulled the motor out and got it disassembled, it had slung a rod thankfully not through the block. My engine builder has rebuilt it and is ready to go back in. Im sure I will be needing advice and have questions during the process of getting it back on the road. I have a new steering sector and the 727 has been rebuilt, I know Ill have to do brakes and other work to get it back on the road after 40 years of sitting. The GTX was kept in a barn and still has the 1980 tag on it from the last year it was registered.

View attachment 1589520

View attachment 1589522
Welcome Andy! Great find!

IMG_4422.png
IMG_3926.gif
IMG_3817.gif
IMG_3677.gif
IMG_3563.gif
IMG_3533.gif
IMG_3296.gif
IMG_2869.gif
IMG_3259.gif
IMG_2778.gif

Welcome from PA. That looks like a nice '69, cleaner than mine was prior to restoration. Factory A/C in your car will be appreciated when you get it on the road.

4615C76E-A0A9-4736-A440-1828814FB1CF.jpeg

Welcome from Alabama, with the engine and transmission done, most of the battle is won on getting it back on the road. Move on to brakes and suspension.

Welcome, looks like your off to a good start.

Auto Transport Service
Back