• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New B Body Mopar owner, ergo new FBBO member...

Build it or part it out

• Build it

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Part (build it) it out

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Welcome aboard from NJ, where we grow rust, LOL! Thanks for posting the pics; you can post pics of the Scamp also as we like all things Mopar! :D

Welcome from the former home state of your new neighbors. Your car needs more junk piled up inside.:lol:

Welcome fro S E Tx Piney Woods.
Your question, build or part. I say build a car IF you want to keep it. All it takes is work and money as you know. That is not that hot a model to put time and $ in and then flip. Most of the average cars are worth more in sum of parts than as a whole project> But you probably know that.

Welcome to the "Darkside" :D to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Looks like a money pit, no offense intended
it's just an honest observation

I'm sure you 'should' know already too, it will need 'every aspect touched',
rust repairs, stripping, body, paint, glass, interior, trim, lights, wiring, gauges
fuel system, plumbing, brakes, steering/bushings/suspension components
& all of the drivetrain/engine/trans/rear end, wheels & tires etc. etc. etc.

Ron Jenkin's Magnum Force 72 (sorry I din't have any cool 73's except F/Cs)
72 Charger Blown Hemi Magnumforce Racing.jpg

It could make a good racecar candidate or restomod
Low, fat tires tucked, nice radical sounding engine/exhaust note,
ground effects, air dam & spoiler etc.
I 'personally' really like those years as Resto-Mods
probably cheaper/easier (& IMO more fun) to go that route too
but;
I'm a lil' bias

but;
I also voted "Build It"

here's another member's 72

72 Charger Rallye E5 Rallye Red JustGlen @ FBBO.jpg

retirement has it's privileges, you have the time

the $$$ (?),
the knowledge/skills, tools & a place to perform all of it
& a proper budget is all up to & on you

Good Luck, Happy MoParing

Last edited:
Welcome aboard from NJ, where we grow rust, LOL! Thanks for posting the pics; you can post pics of the Scamp also as we like all things Mopar! :D
Coming along nicely, doing everything I can with what I have..Some good 'ol elbow grease goes a long way.. There's easier ways to do than crawling around under it but it's what I gotta do for now. I'm a good painter and I'll refurbish everything that's in good enough shape to. Recently retired and this is just what I wanted to do. Working on getting my shop built on my land, ..then it's really on!
By the way, the car's gonna be a Plum Purple and black when I'm done, ergo the rear end color choice.. just sayin

IMG_20220420_140118160_HDR.jpg IMG_20220428_125935739_HDR.jpg IMG_20220420_193249556_HDR.jpg IMG_20220426_120715151_HDR.jpg IMG_20220423_135616415.jpg IMG_20220427_192842250.jpg IMG_20220420_194237769_HDR.jpg IMG_20220420_194251785.jpg IMG_20220426_162201170_HDR.jpg IMG_20220428_125638060_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to start a thread in the members restorations. I already know how bad I wanna clean it up and get a good look at what's needed.. I thinking I might get a little knowledge support from the Mopar pros here and probably be searching for parts in the sale threads...

Welcome to the "Darkside" :D to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Looks like a money pit, no offense intended
it's just an honest observation

I'm sure you 'should' know already too, it will need 'every aspect touched',
rust repairs, stripping, body, paint, glass, interior, trim, lights, wiring, gauges
fuel system, plumbing, brakes, steering/bushings/suspension components
& all of the drivetrain/engine/trans/rear end, wheels & tires etc. etc. etc.

Ron Jenkin's Magnum Force 72 (sorry I din't have any cool 73's except F/Cs)
View attachment 1280532

It could make a good racecar candidate or restomod
Low, fat tires tucked, nice radical sounding engine/exhaust note,
ground effects, air dam & spoiler etc.
I 'personally' really like those years as Resto-Mods
probably cheaper/easier (& IMO more fun) to go that route too
but;
I'm a lil' bias

but;
I also voted "Build It"

here's another member's 72

View attachment 1280538

retirement has it's privileges, you have the time

the $$$ (?),
the knowledge/skills, tools & a place to perform all of it
& a proper budget is all up to & on you

Good Luck, Happy MoParing
Absolutely agree, but I'm gonna dig in and crunch it out, where there's a will there's a way right.. my biggest decision is to make it an "I'm on it" build or stretch it out...I won't know till I actually get under the car and all over it with my own eyes. I hate seeing our classics disappear...

Auto Transport Service
Back