• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New B-body site member - 69 Charger

Demonx2

Local time
7:53 AM
Reaction score
Hello all. I've been a long-time member over on the A-body site but thought I should join the B-body site as well. Recently retired and moved to Florida to escape the Detroit winters!

I still have the first car I ever bought - my 69 Charger. Bought it in 1978 ( 45+ years ago!) and still have it. I cut my teeth wrenching on this car and it got me hooked. It was really just a heavy street car that I drove to the track. It ran OK for what it was - a mild 440 that I put in to replace the 383 when it had gotten tired. Ran mid-12's at 107-ish. Car has 49,000 miles on it - not many for a 55 year old car!

After winning the bracket race one night in 1993, I parked the car in my garage when our first child was born and it has sat ever since! It made the move to Florida and I hope to start working on it soon just to use as a cruiser. Brakes, tires, valve springs, fuel tank, etc will get replaced and then just run it. The car is far from perfect but it's very solid.

My handle here is Demonx2 as I use that same name on the A-body site. I also have 2 Demons - a 71 Demon 340 that is a show car and a 72 Demon that is a street/strip car. (I know, I know - these aren't B-bodies but they share the bloodlinloand my shop! lol)

Thx for letting me join!
Charger_at_Milan_13413573614030.jpg
20231021_202741.jpg

Welcome to the site. That is a great pic of your car at the track.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. Thanks for the pictures. Nice colour combo.

The Charger looks great. I was expecting a neglected project car. Looks like all 3 of your cars are show ready.
Welcome to FBBO from Prescott, Arizona

Welcome from Alabama, I spend most of my time here, but am
An A Body member also, by the same name. A, or B, great choices either way.

Nice 69 Charger
welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome. I remember this car from out at Milan back in those days. I still have my Charger as well that I raced out there back then also and still do today.

Very nice Charger, welcome to the site! I might have to change my screen name to Charger x15! Lol

Welcome. I remember this car from out at Milan back in those days. I still have my Charger as well that I raced out there back then also and still do today.
No kidding...small world as that was a long time ago! That pic at the track is from 1990. What year/color is your Charger? Maybe my old brain might remember it too!!

In the last couple years, maybe you saw my 72 Demon at Milan? Here's a pic from its maiden foray to the Gainesville track a couple weeks ago.
20240127_121644.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back