• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New guy from Bremerton WA

Local time
11:08 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys thanks for having me. I had an account on here a few years back but I think it sat idle for too long and it vanished into the digital void. First off let me say I am terribly sorry about the user name as I know there are bound to be some purists on here that would love to correct me but it’s not necessary as I am well aware my car is a Barracuda and most definitely not a Cuda even though it’s in the name and depending on who I ask lol. I am not purposely trying to stir the pot but putting Barracuda would’ve made the name obnoxiously long. Glad to be back and boy do I have some interesting updates to report. I happened across this project car roughly 2 1/2yrs ago at the time of this writing and I have not had much free time or funding for that matter to invest on it which has been bothering me. This was basically a barn find, some might even call it a survivor. A 1969 Barracuda fastback with the notorious 340 small block and all, yes all of the oe equipment not including the front windshield. I recently found out that the 340 engine and trans are numbers matching. I was quite shocked at learning this as I had doubts when purchasing but it was not my focus when I was on the market, still a pleasant surprise nonetheless. Hopefully this will be the year that I start digging into this gem and I look forward to any assistance offered, thanks again for having me.

B226D635-3FE1-4D89-9A50-648309A64E24.jpeg

Welcome from Alabama, glad you joined even though you have an A body. There is still plenty of help and advice here so stick with us.

Welcome, nothing wrong with a A body. I have a 69 barracuda project too.
20231202_165848.jpg

I like that dark, mysterious photo. A hibernating bear we're careful not to awaken. :rolleyes: Now, turn on the lights and do some work :lol:

Welcome (1)c.jpg

Welcome from two states south of you on the central coast.

IMG_4149.jpeg

Welcome.... Cuda works for me... Always liked the 67-69 Fastbacks.... Notches and Verts are cool, but the Fastback rocks.... And 340's are pretty sweet too.... Now get to work.... Are you sure joining a forum is a good idea? You've been warned, it takes away time from the shop...

Welcome.... Cuda works for me... Always liked the 67-69 Fastbacks.... Notches and Verts are cool, but the Fastback rocks.... And 340's are pretty sweet too.... Now get to work.... Are you sure joining a forum is a good idea? You've been warned, it takes away time from the shop...
As knowledgeable as the folks are on this site I consider it a necessity. Speaking of, I traded off my oe exhaust manifolds for an oe Carter four barrel and carb data plate that came from another 69 340 barracuda as I was intending on fabricating custom headers later down the road. Was this a bad trade-off you think?

Welcome to the site!! And most people will call any Barracuda a 'Cuda no matter if it is or isn't....

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome from NY.
When the Barracuda left the A-body in '70, it needed another beast to replace it...

I bought the '71 flavor :lol:

1707149233721.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back