• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member from Georgia. Found and bought my Dads old 1968 RoadRunner he owned when I was younger

The fender tag is a metal tag mounted in the engine compartment, on the driver's side in the inner fender. It will have lots of letters and numbers.

Another way to likely see the original color is to pull up some of the carpet or remove a piece or trim over some interior metal. Very often (but not always) cars that are painted will NOT be painted in the interior so the original color will show there.

Good luck!
The fender tag isn’t there, unfortunately. Good idea on checking under trim in the interior! I’ll give it a go when I get a chance.

The fender tag isn’t there, unfortunately. Good idea on checking under trim in the interior! I’ll give it a go when I get a chance.
OK.

Try and see if you can find the broadcast sheet. Sometimes in the rear seat springs, maybe behind glove box, etc. If you find it, take GREAT car in taking it out as it will allow you to identify everything the car was built with. With that, you can reproduce the fender tag too.

OK.

Try and see if you can find the broadcast sheet. Sometimes in the rear seat springs, maybe behind glove box, etc. If you find it, take GREAT car in taking it out as it will allow you to identify everything the car was built with. With that, you can reproduce the fender tag too.
That’s awesome! I surely will take a look. Thank you for the tips!

Great story. Very nice car. Welcome from the eastern side of Georgia.

Awesome car, great story, really lucky to find car, welcome from VA Beach

Auto Transport Service
Back