• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member from St. Joseph MN - 1964 Polara 500 Sport Coupe

Welcome from Illinois.

Have always liked the lines and overall look of the '64 Polara 500 Sport Coupe. Agree, yours is an excellent foundation for a really sweet ride.

Welcome from Illinois.

Have always liked the lines and overall look of the '64 Polara 500 Sport Coupe. Agree, yours is an excellent foundation for a really sweet ride.

Appreciate it! The whole undercarriage - floors, trunk, rails, etc - are in incredibly nice original condition. My interest in finding a good 64 project came from my cousin owning a 64 Savoy as his first car in the mid 80's(post/6 cyl/three on the tree). I really was looking for a Savoy or Belvedere like his, or a Fury. Anyway, the Polara showed up on Marketplace for sale. I kept going back to the ad over and over and decided to drive to Eau Claire and check it out. It was too good to pass up and the price was real fair. I was torn on making a purchase as I prefer the taillights on the Polara's, but really prefer the grille/headlights on the Fury/Belvedere/Savoy for this year. The front look of a 64 Polara has grown on me, though!

Welcome from AZ!
I also have a '64 Polara 500...here's some motivation to keep the project rolling

Polara.jpg

Welcome from AZ!
I also have a '64 Polara 500...here's some motivation to keep the project rolling

View attachment 1194975
What a great looking car. Beautiful! Would like for my Bel to have that same stance. Would appreciate if you could give me the measurement from the center of your front wheel hub up to the lip of your wheel opening. Believe your car is the same color as my brother's 65 Satellite which is TT1 medium red poly?

1965 Satellite & Bill 6-26-21 c.jpg

What a great looking car. Beautiful! Would like for my Bel to have that same stance. Would appreciate if you could give me the measurement from the center of your front wheel hub up to the lip of your wheel opening. Believe your car is the same color as my brother's 65 Satellite which is TT1 medium red poly?

View attachment 1195185
Thanks. Yes, same paint code TT1. My front wheels are 14" and the rears are 15" with SS springs. I'll go out tonight and get the measurement for you. Great looking Satellite!

Thats the same color as my 65 originally. I'll either go back with that or the Velvet Red on the newer Hellcats.

Auto Transport Service
Back