• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member!

alecb

Local time
4:29 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone, first time B body owner. I just bought my dream car the other day, a 1968 Dodge Charger. I’m very excited to get started working on this car. It’s going to need a lot of work, but it will be so worth it. It’s a factory 383 2 barrel with 727, racing green metallic with green interior.

IMG_6348.jpeg

IMG_6349.jpeg

IMG_6350.jpeg

IMG_6351.jpeg

IMG_6347.jpeg

IMG_6345.jpeg

IMG_6346.jpeg

IMG_6352.jpeg

IMG_6353.jpeg

'68 is my favorite year for them Chargers. Them round side markers and tail lights get me every time.
Good luck with your project and start a build thread so we can follow your progress.
And greetings, welcome to FBBO from NY!

Welcome. Clean it up, inside and out and take all of that bent stuff off the front end, (bag and tag all the fasteners, etc...) and see what it is going to take to get it fixed. Don't throw anything away until you are done. Small parts can be hard to find. It is going to take alot of work, but it can be done. Don't just take it all apart and abandon it. It looks like you can "save" another one of these old classics. Enjoy the total experience. Don't give up!

G'day from Australia :welcome:

green on green how often do we see this

Nice score. Welcome from south of you on the central coast. Looks like you just need a little PDR, buff the paint, some strategic duct tape work etc and you'll be good to go.:lol:

Welcome from Southern CA.
Heck of a project there, good luck.
Start a build thread like @PlymCrazy said and add some nice PIC's to keep us posted on the progress.
Lot's of talented Charger members on this forum to help you out.
It will take lots of sweat and beers, but that's why we love Mopars !!

Hi Alecb, welcome! Wow, what a project. Don't get discouraged, take a look around this site and you'll see people who resurrected Chargers that were in worse shape than that. Good luck!
lu517f186d.gif

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

good luck with the 68 Charger

Welcome. I'm a a fan of 1969 as the best year in US automove history. But the '68 Charger certainly throws an argument in that analogy.

Good luck, and keep us posted on progress and any recommendations/assistance needed.

Welcome to the site! Great to see another second gen Charger being saved! Be careful though,you can't have just one!

20220925_200214.jpg

Welcome from Illinois!! Start a thread in our Members Projects and Restorations forum for posterity and to keep us posted on your progress.

Hey there. Alec.
The car is rough but lucky for you, lots of parts are made for these cars. I started off with worse:

XH 31.jpg

After about a year.....

0 Jiggy A.jpg

It will help to gather as many parts as you think you'll need before tearing it down.
Are you keeping the Duster?

Hey there. Alec.
The car is rough but lucky for you, lots of parts are made for these cars. I started off with worse:

View attachment 1544778

After about a year.....

View attachment 1544779

It will help to gather as many parts as you think you'll need before tearing it down.
Are you keeping the Duster?
I’m excited to get started! Yes I’m keeping my Duster. I do have a 64 Chrysler Newport I want to sell, and a 69 Barracuda Fastback that I’m on the fence about.

That is great! Us old timers love to see enthusiasts like you getting as excited about these cars as we have been.
You will encounter some great people here but be aware, this being “the internet” , you’ll also come across some crusty old jerks with nothing positive to offer.
@eldubb440 is one of the sharpest guys on the forum for body repair.
@moparmarks is a great asset for parts from a dry climate.
@1 Wild R/T with technical knowledge that is amazing.

There are others but off the top of my head, those guys stand out.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back