• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEW MOTOR MOUNTS

72redbird

Local time
12:14 AM
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you have had this issue with new motor mounts. Purchased a new set of rubber mounts and the little bulge part does not line up with the hole in the bracket. With that said, should the mounts be returned or have any of you just elongated the hole?
Thank you

I did not have this problem but if you bought the cheap mounts you should not use them anyway because they will literally fall apart pretty fast.

I used these: DynaTech Engineering - Mitymounts

Some people prefer polyurethane mounts, but there are mixed opinions about them:

I think since my car is 100% stock i probably made the right/a good decision going with the mitymounts. :)

There was a thread recently about the same issue, that poster IIRC returned his and got a set from NAPA and they were fine...not that I'd guarantee that either, it could just be that these things are hit-n'-miss no matter where you get them. If you're good with enlarging the hole a little, I don't see why that would hurt either...

New mounts are hit or miss. I used the mitymounts on my 71 and NOS for my 74.

I appreciate you posting this because I've run into the same issue and didn't know if I had a bad part or the wrong part since my Charger has a 440 motor (origin unknown) instead of the original 383.

The new mounts I purchased from a vendor at Carlisle turn out to be Westar part #EM-2250 and I found the locating dimple to be about 1/4" shifted out of position towards the mounting bolt.

I'll need to take my original bracket to Napa and Carquest to compare to parts they have - but glad to know others have run into this same issue. Posting a few photos to illustrate the issue for anyone else doing this repair.

New mount (top of photo) compared to old mount:

IMG_5269.JPG

Old mount has an est. 1-1/2" center to center distance

IMG_5271.JPG

New mount has an est. 1-1/4" center to center distance

IMG_5270.JPG

For those interested, we are coming out with new mounts soon that will fix all these issues. (Should have them in stock in about 4-6 weeks) The new part number will be "2250HEAVY" and they will likely be $29.95 each. Here are some of the differences:

2250heavy1.jpg

2250heavy2.jpg

2250heavy3.jpg

2250heavy4.jpg

To continue the thread on my experience I will say the NAPA part fit well (photo below) and dimensions were similar to the original as far as I could tell.
For anyone else looking the NAPA Part# is 602-1118.

IMG_5279.JPG

IMG_5278 - Copy.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back