• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD NEW SSBC Front Disc Brake Kits W156-6 & W156-6BK

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJRR

Local time
8:41 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I got a great deal on a few sets of these and selling 2 to offset the cost of my own upgrade.
I have one W156-6 kit with the clear-coated Aluminum calipers and one W156-6BK kit with the black powder-coated Aluminum calipers. They come with the slotted and drilled Big Bite rotors. These kits bolt to stock drum spindles and do not require a front end alignment.
These kits are brand new and I only opened the boxes to make sure all parts were there.
They fit 62-72 B and E bodies according to SSBC.

I am asking $500 for the W156-6 and $550 for the W156-6BK, plus the ride ( box weighs about 67 lbs).

Here's the link to SSBC website.

http://ssbrakes.com/i-10092534-1962...-kit-withcompetitionrace-calipers-w156-6.html

Where in NJ are you for local pick up?

Where in NJ are you for local pick up?

Hudson county, 15 minutes south of the GW Bridge, 15 minutes north of the Lincoln Tunnel, zip 07093.

W156-6 clear coated Aluminum - SOLD.

Still have the Black powder-coated kit available.

For those not aware, this kit doesn't mess with your front end. You do not have to change the drum spindles to the repop disc spindles. You just remove the drum brakes, bolt on the adapter to the drum spindle and replace bearings and mount your rotor and caliper. Your alignment doesn't change because no front end parts are removed/replaced. It's a really easy swap. Everything is included except a disc/drum master cylinder and the prop valve. Disc pads are available over the counter at auto parts stores too.

Last call for the forum before I put the kit on Ebag. Anyone?

Do you know if the spindles for 10 in drums and 11 inch drums were the same on these b-bodies? I may be interested.

Do you know if the spindles for 10 in drums and 11 inch drums were the same on these b-bodies? I may be interested.

That I don't know for sure. I would call SSBC or check the part numbers for the 10" and 11" spindles and see if they are the same or have the same dimensions.

The link I sent for the kit has an application tab on the bottom. It lists 70 GTX. I believe they only came with 11" drums, so.........

I have a 69 RR....at some point, I think the front K-member was swapped with another BB car that had 10 inch brakes. Not sure what happened, but my car has 10 inch drums on the front. I'll check with them.

If your car has 10" drums on them, then this kit will fit.

I was wrong about the GTX, they came with 10" drums, 11" was an upgrade I think.

Not yet. Just an interested party.

Second kit sold pending shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back