• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to B-Bodies, have all original 1966 Satellite Convertible

Sky Blue

Local time
4:19 PM
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the site. I have a 1966 Plymouth Satellite Convertible that I have owned since 1967 (the original owner had it for less than a year then traded it for the 1967 when the 440 became available). So except for that short time, I guess you could say it's been a one owner car, mine. It's Sky Blue in color, 383 4-bbl, 727 trans, 3:23 positraction rear end. All original, complete, nothing missing, not modified in any way (except for the addition of an after market (Thermo-King) A/C unit). Not even the carb has ever been off of it. It's been a super reliable, bullet proof, well maintained, well running car for all the decades I have owned it. Up until the mid 1990s it was my only car. But time has taken it's toll and now it's time to restore it to its original factory glory. So I'll be asking lots of questions. Like, what's it worth as is (it's in running condition)? Who are the best professional restoration shops in the country? What might it be worth with a full restoration? Is it worth the time, effort, and money to completely restore it to factory original condition? My intention is to restore it, enjoy it myself, pass it on to my son. Lots of questions. Pictures coming...

Welcome! With that story and details, the car is priceless! Doesn’t matter a dollar value with your plans for it it won’t be sold. Are you looking for an insurance value or something like that?

I’d say it’s a 2 owner vehicle. It sounds great, do you have any pictures to post.

Welcome from NY.
I have one as well only not a convertible.
the 66/67's aren't big dollar cars these days (unless it's a hemi).
But I would think a convertible would be worth more as some people are really fond of them.
We will need pictures!

Welcome from Alabama, 66-67's are my thing, especially with a Hemi, but a 383 is a great engine.

Welcome from another 66 Satellite convertible owner. I'm the third owner, bought in 1978. Where are the pictures!:lol:
Clean Satellite 1.jpg

Welcome to the site!! I have a 66 Belvedere I since 88 but it hasn't been on the road since about mid 89 :(
Btw, get familiar with the site and then post your questions in the right forum as this is mainly for introductions AN you will probably get more results to the questions. :thumbsup:

Welcome from Indiana. Congratulations on keeping your Plymouth all these years. One thing I’d change, I’d remove that positraction unit and put in a SureGrip. :poke:

Welcome to FBBO
sounds like a nice 66

Welcome, my nephew has a super nice 1966 satellite conv. He can do a complete resto. for you. He has several mopars
two old mopars.jpg

Welcome from Missouri!!

Auto Transport Service
Back