• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New To B Bodies

Cloned

Local time
8:50 AM
Reaction score
My name is AJ and I am new to the forum but not to old cars. I most recently sold my 1971 Chevelle SS Convertible(clone) 2 years ago to fund my restaurant. Before that I owned a 73 Cuda 440 with pistol grip, 1986 Grand National with 425HP to the wheels and 2 1989 Turbo Trans Ams. One with 10k and the other a nice driver with 59k. Also owned a 68 Roadrunner but never drove it(never put engine in it) and finally a 1970 Buick Skylark Suncoupe. Since I closed the restaurant down in Jan 2017 I had the itch for another car. A 1969 Coronet R/T convertible(clone, hence my user name) caught my eye and after 8 months waiting to buy it I'm picking it up on Sat July 29th. It's a 318 auto with a/c. I will be doing some sort of engine swap over the winter. Newer Hemi or a 440. I'm looking to find out about the swaps and hope I can find some great info in this forum. Looking forward to hitting some Mopar shows and learning more about the cars. I've already found out how expensive parts are for these cars. Damn! $380 for a convertible top boot cover! My Chevelles was $160!

IMG_1095.JPG IMG_1096.JPG IMG_1117.JPG

Welcome to the Forum! You have had and soon to have some nice rides!

New motors in old cars is not my thing but a 440 4spd in that vert would be Sweet!

As far as parts goes.....welcome to the cost of mopar ownership...everything is either double or triple the cost....

Welcome aboard from SW CT. Yep parts are expensive but hey you can't take it with you, LOL! It's called the Mopar Tax.

Welcome to the site. Quite the variety of cars. Do you offer members discounts at your restaurant?

welcome to FBBO that is a sweet looking coronet

Welcome to FBBO. That's a sweet ride you hav there. Enjoy the forum.

Welcome to FBBO from hot, dry & sunny NorCal

good luck with the R/T Clone

Thank you Gents. Restaurant closed down in Jan. Was working 80hrs a week and breaking even. Now I have time for some cars. Now I work for Tech Air as a Driver Supervisor at a company they bought called Esquire Gas in Enfield CT. Anyone need dry ice or CO2 im your man. Welding supplies and gasses also. Been doing it 30 years.

Welcome. Labor day weekend Mopar's in Motion
and NeHOA meet at Double Tree by Hilton. It's up past ESPN.

http://www.moparinmotion.com/nehmimt.html[/QUOTE
I live about 10 minutes from there. I will be going to Kizl's Friday night. I am leaving for the Adirondack Nationals in Lake George on Thursday. Try to go up every year. Lots of things I need to do to car. First off is a stereo system. There is no room for speakers in this car! I'm looking for a console for it to put speakers in. I'll do an under seat stereo because the dash is original and don't want to tear it up.

Auto Transport Service
Back