• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to group and hello

kreaton

Local time
12:57 PM
Reaction score
I have a 68 Coronet 440 4 door. I know the question of best performance shock has been discussed many times, I want some opinions on the best shock that will give my car the "Float". I really like the "driving my couch" feel. All opinions welcome. Have a groovy day.

IMG_20220815_173025331_HDR.jpg

Welcome!

Best is subjective. There aren't many choices for our cars. KYB and Monroe are the cheapest. Koni and Bilstein are great but more expensive. If you are looking for the couch float any of the less expensive ones will work.

Welcome!

Best is subjective. There aren't many choices for our cars. KYB and Monroe are the cheapest. Koni and Bilstein are great but more expensive. If you are looking for the couch float any of the less expensive ones will work.
I appreciate your input. Been looking at the KYB because of the price and I have not had any expensive shocks to compare to. Stay groovy.

I appreciate your input. Been looking at the KYB because of the price and I have not had any expensive shocks to compare to. Stay groovy.
I have them on my 62 Plymouth and they ride fine.

Welcome to the site! Have have a pair of Monroe's on my 95 Dakota and kinda wish I had went for the next level up. The ones I got were one step up from the bottom and they are a bit too mushy for me.....don't like my vehicles bobbing up and down after going through a dip in the road.

Welcome to the site! Have have a pair of Monroe's on my 95 Dakota and kinda wish I had went for the next level up. The ones I got were one step up from the bottom and they are a bit too mushy for me.....don't like my vehicles bobbing up and down after going through a dip in the road.
If those Monroe shocks are bouncing they must have been bad. I never have never had that problem with a Monroe shock.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

If those Monroe shocks are bouncing they must have been bad. I never have never had that problem with a Monroe shock.
They are pretty much bottom of line shocks. I compressed and extended them by hand and they were not bad. The truck rides good but can use little extra help on the bad dips. I put Bilsteins on the front end of my diesel and that was money well spent!

Welcome from New Zealand.

I just put a set of KYB Gas-A-Just shocks in my Plymouth. I'm happy with them. Not too hard, not too soft.

Auto Transport Service
Back