• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to me Air Compressor

Coronet_Arch

Local time
6:56 PM
Reaction score
I recently purchased a used Sanborn Air Compressor to replace my 30 gallon Husky (Campbell Hausfeld) air compressor.

1676336123274.jpeg

1676335962463.jpeg

It had the compressor replaced in the last three years and the motor replaced in the last year. The above photo is how it looked when I got it to my shop. It took the help of a friend and his son to get it in the shop by walking it across the driveway. I had to add a circuit to my breaker box to accommodate the compressor. I ran new wires to the compressor in conduit. I had to replace the wiring between the motor starter and the motor and the pressure switch. The wiring was Romex between the motor starter and the motor. The wiring between the pressure switch and the motor starter was a piece of lamp cord.

1676336603839.jpeg

The final installation looked like this.

1676336702467.jpeg

The best part is how much quieter it is than the my old compressor. The run time to fill a tank twice the size is much less or just seems that way with less noise.

I'm not sure, but by the design of the cast iron heat exchanger next to the head, that may
be a Saylor Beall compressor head? If it is it will run forever! Do some homework and find out.
Yes, the bigger ones run at half the RPM and put out more air. NIce!

What's the CFM?

That'n looks like a hoss! Congrats!

I will look for a tag on the compressor to see what type it is. I do not know the cfm it puts out.

I recently purchased a used Sanborn Air Compressor to replace my 30 gallon Husky (Campbell Hausfeld) air compressor.

View attachment 1417870

View attachment 1417864

It had the compressor replaced in the last three years and the motor replaced in the last year. The above photo is how it looked when I got it to my shop. It took the help of a friend and his son to get it in the shop by walking it across the driveway. I had to add a circuit to my breaker box to accommodate the compressor. I ran new wires to the compressor in conduit. I had to replace the wiring between the motor starter and the motor and the pressure switch. The wiring was Romex between the motor starter and the motor. The wiring between the pressure switch and the motor starter was a piece of lamp cord.

View attachment 1417874

The final installation looked like this.

View attachment 1417878
Heck of an upgrade! :thumbsup:

There are no markings on the compressor. It must have been a rebuilt compressor when the previous owner replaced it.

I used to have a brand new Porter Cable 5 horse 2-stage. It worked great but then I realized that , being chi-com, getting parts was not an option. I couldn’t even get gaskets for it. So I found a dead 30+ year old Ingersoll Rand and rebuilt it. More air, quieter, and parts are available forever. I think you made a wise decision. Enjoy!

0492C1ED-43C1-49FF-847D-D8DDB207EFB6.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back