• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to the Forum

ta_billy

Local time
4:30 AM
Reaction score
Hello,

My story goes like this. In 2002 I bought two Mopars, a 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A and a 1969 Dodge Super Bee. I have worked on the T/A off and on for 20 years, and I finally took it for its first test drive just this past weekend. I still have a few things to do to complete the T/A resto project, but I'm now starting to think about the Super Bee. I'll post a pic of the T/A just for fun.

So for this forum, it's the 69 Super Bee that is the focus I suppose. The Bee is a 383, 4-speed sales order car. It's triple F8 green with bucket seats with a buddy seat and a black tail stripe. It would not have been my choice of color options if I were the one placing the order in 1969 (which is impossible since I was born in the 70s ;-)). Nevertheless, I still think it is a very cool ride with lots of potential. The Bee is really rough but has the numbers matching engine and transmission, correct fender tag, and a broadcast sheet. When I bought the Bee, it had a Dana 3.54 rear end and was missing the N96 hood. The only thing I have really done to the car in the 20 years of owning it is trade the Dana for an 8 3/4 and a N96 Ramcharger hood. Here's a picture from the eBay listing 20 years ago. And so it begins.

BillyB

IMG-3958.jpg

Bee 1.jpg

Welcome from Alabama, the TA is really nice, so you are getting ready to whip the Bee into shape. Looks like a great project.

Welcome from Missouri!!

Welcome from Illinois!! Congrats on getting that T/A back on the streets. Hope it doesn't take quite as long to do the same for your Bee.

Welcome from NY,
Best of luck with the Bee!
(I'm diggin' the TA too.)

Cool rides, always wanted an AAR 'cuda
or TA Challenger

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome from NM. Nice looking 'BEE. Challenger too... Why did you get rid of the Dana 60?

Welcome from NM. Nice looking 'BEE. Challenger too... Why did you get rid of the Dana 60?
The Dana wasn't correct for the car and the N96 hood was missing, so I used the value of the Dana to trade for an N96 hood and a correct 8 3/4 rear end. I was tight on cash it those days ;-) The original 383 with a 4-speed backed up by an 8 3/4 seems like a winner to me.

I see, I wish, I wish... haha I had a Dana for my 440 4 speed...Yes that Bee is going to be a winner, if it comes out like the Challenger.

Greetings from northern MI.

That's an awfully nice, vintage 1970 parts runner ya got there for the Bee project

Auto Transport Service
Back