• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newest Mopar Owner

CWO(USN)

Local time
4:18 PM
Reaction score
Good afternoon FBBO crew! I have finally gotten myself into a position to buy one of my dream cars. Over the weekend I picked up a 1969 Dodge Charger. The person I bought it from, it was owned by his uncle who purchased it new in 69 after he returned home from Vietnam. He parked it in a barn in 1980 and sat there until 2012 when the tear down as resto started. Long story short 3 weeks ago the car came up for sale. Its a shell right now, with all parts in boxes etc. It needs all the typical Mopar/charger body panels replaced. Got my work cut out for me. I am leaning on the AMD installation center to take care of the metal work. Unless any one knows a good place in the Chicago land area? I am lucky that, in my high school years and before the military, I worked at a body shop as a painter for 4 years, so paint and finishing body work I can do myself. Plan for the car: Father/son project, hoping to be able to pass this hobby/passion on to the next generation. Paint B5 blue, black vinyl top, black interior. Thinking about doing an R/T clone 4sp dyna car. Would love to do a gen-2 426, but I heard blocks are not available, and don't know what to budget for a hemi. I guess that's a thread I should be searching for to get an idea! I look forward to all the Mopar/Charger tutelage this site offers and maybe one day be able to contribute.
Also in my hast of picking the car up and loading it I didn't get great pictures but will post the ones I have. (man these cars sell in 24 hours or less. talk about taking a leap of faith when buying one)
IMG_0800.JPG
IMG_0802.JPG
IMG_0809.JPG
IMG_0810.JPG
IMG_0811.JPG
IMG_0812.JPG

welcome to FBBO looks like a solid start keep us posted on your progress

Welcome from NY.
You picked a very desireable model.

Welcome from Ct. S#*t if you can do body and paint your halfway there!

Welcome from Missouri!! Very clean start!!

Lots of work ahead, good luck with that

welcome to FBBO

Welcome from Michigan. You picked a great year to get your hobby going. It must be rough pushing that shell around on that gravel.:drinks:

welcome from s carolina,looking good :thumbsup:

New hemi blocks are supposed to be coming available from callies I think in February-ish. Mancini is advertising them now

Welcome from North Carolina. 69 Chargers are the cream of the crop. Congratulations.

Welcome aboard from Ohio. Budget for hemi(?) think BIG!

Auto Transport Service
Back