• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No fresh air intake with Classic Auto Air

Vanderstel

Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
I am just now in the process of installing a Classic Auto Air system in my 67 Satellite, it was an AC car.

I just realized there is no option for fresh air intake, I called them and they basically said "yep" that's how it is.

I am disappointed, but maybe not a big deal?

Anyone have an experience with this, good, bad, neither?

Did not bother me. I still have the left side fresh air vent.

The replacement systems are set for recirc only. Helps boost efficiency. The old plenums get blocked off.

The replacement systems are set for recirc only. Helps boost efficiency. The old plenums get blocked off.
I think it is more accurate to state that it was done to simplify the conversion. It makes the CAA kit a lot simpler and cheaper.

I found the same thing putting Vintage Air into my 1964 Polara. The '62-'65 B-bodies have a weird fresh air plenum that dumps out on the right side kick panel area. This big oval hole gets blocked off, with no hope for ducted fresh air.

Vintage and Restomod do the same. I've set mine up for the Restomod. They have some neat stuff. I've installed Vintage on two other oldies making upgrades.

Auto Transport Service
Back