• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

North Carolina Drag Strips.

Gunner1

Local time
3:25 PM
Reaction score
I’m tired of fighting Californias government. I’m packing the family and moving to where my daddys family lives. Just east of Asheville. Got both houses up for sale. I’m taking my 63 dodge with me and it looks like there are way more tracks there than here. Who has a favorite track there? My target city is Marion. I have LOTS of kin there. Find a good shop to put in some floors and a cage. Then run it till it breaks, rinse and repeat. I raced at Piedmont in the mid 60’s while I was stationed at Camp Lejuene. Getting excited.

There's always Rockingham. That is the big one. Also Wilkesboro Dragway. ...Piedmont Dragway still alive and well. All cool.

California is a "good place to visit" but "I wouldn't want to live there"....glad you're getting out.

Shadyside Dragway. Boiling Springs, NC Forty miles from Marion. Focus on local racers.

Zmax in Charlotte as well. I think @440Jim leaves over in that area as well.Maybe he will chime in.

Auto Transport Service
Back