• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOS Quarters what are they worth?

xs-ivv

Local time
2:07 AM
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to buy a pair of 1970 Charger NOS rear quarters. The panels are very good condition except for one area where possibly water dripped onto one. It has a circle of surface rust about 4-5" diameter. Other than the one spot the panels are smooth as a baby's bottom. What would be a fair price to offer for them?

I would say 150% of the price of reproduction panels would be a great price for you (whatever that is). I’d draw the line at %200 but then again, I’m not the one shopping for panels. To say they don’t make them anymore would be inaccurate, but being able to say you have 1970 sheet metal is a big value add in my books. Might be worth it in the end. If you do buy them and use them, document it with photos and whatever you can. It could be tricky to prove.

Thats a good point about documentation. No one would believe they are NOS otherwise.

Another thing to consider is shipping. If theses NOS panels are nearby and you can pick them up, you are ahead by eliminating shipping costs with repops.

Just buy them the bodywork savings vs amd is worth a ton if you want a straight car, at least 20 hours labor.

I have an opportunity to buy a pair of 1970 Charger NOS rear quarters. The panels are very good condition except for one area where possibly water dripped onto one. It has a circle of surface rust about 4-5" diameter. Other than the one spot the panels are smooth as a baby's bottom. What would be a fair price to offer for them?
If they are truly NOS they could sell in the 4-5k range. NOS will have all the factory stenciled numbers on them.

Thanks for the replies guys. I believe 2x AMD price would be fair. And yes since they are local that will save shipping.

If they are truly NOS they could sell in the 4-5k range. NOS will have all the factory stenciled numbers on them.
These panels have engraved numbers on the outside portion of the lip that slides under the roof skin. Is there any other markings to look for?

These panels have engraved numbers on the outside portion of the lip that slides under the roof skin. Is there any other markings to look for?
Post some pictures of them. Inside and out along with the numbers that are etched.

Perhaps a comp, I found an NOS quarter for 70RR convertible, likely last one in existence. $1.5K in 2010. Drove 600mi to pick it up, didn't want to risk shipping damage. Offered it to AMD as a mold for repro but they said wouldn't be cost effective, not enough demand.

InsidewPN.jpg

Perhaps a comp, I found an NOS quarter for 70RR convertible, likely last one in existence. $1.5K in 2010. Drove 600mi to pick it up, didn't want to risk shipping damage. Offered it to AMD as a mold for repro but they said wouldn't be cost effective, not enough demand.

View attachment 1292758
Same thing happened to me with a pair of NOS Challenger convertible rear quarter panels. AMD wouldn't reproduce them. I did let them use my NOS 70 Charger front valence pan as the template for the ones they offer now.

I would say in the current market the 70 Charger NOS rear quarter panels would bring 2 grand a piece if they are mint. I bought a pair at Carlisle about 4 years ago. The guy wanted 5 grand for the pair,I paid $1250 for the right side,and $1650 for the left side.

I would say in the current market the 70 Charger NOS rear quarter panels would bring 2 grand a piece if they are mint. I bought a pair at Carlisle about 4 years ago. The guy wanted 5 grand for the pair,I paid $1250 for the right side,and $1650 for the left side.
Thanks for your input. This is exactly the kind of numbers that I was hoping people could tell me. I know these pieces are rare so its kind of hard to know comparables without these stories.

Thanks for your input. This is exactly the kind of numbers that I was hoping people could tell me. I know these pieces are rare so its kind of hard to know comparables without these stories.
My point is on making sure they are OEM and not reproduction. Stenciled numbers should be on them.

You know the old saying "when you snooze you lose"? Well i was caught snoozing. The quarters were sold to someone else along with a bunch of other parts.

That sucks,they are hard to find. A pair of 69 Charger NOS quarters showed up on the local Craigslist for a grand each,so I told my friend about them,he has a 69 Charger R/T SE sunroof car,but he was snoozing on closing the deal on them. So I told him,if you don't stop what you are doing,and go get those quarters today. I am going to go buy them tonight before someone else grabs them. He got the message and went and picked them up. I would have bought them for my own sunroof car,but I already have a mint pair of California cut off quarters with the trunk extensions,door jambs,full wheel wells,inner rockers,and valence corners,and my car needs all of it.

That sucks,they are hard to find. A pair of 69 Charger NOS quarters showed up on the local Craigslist for a grand each,so I told my friend about them,he has a 69 Charger R/T SE sunroof car,but he was snoozing on closing the deal on them. So I told him,if you don't stop what you are doing,and go get those quarters today. I am going to go buy them tonight before someone else grabs them. He got the message and went and picked them up. I would have bought them for my own sunroof car,but I already have a mint pair of California cut off quarters with the trunk extensions,door jambs,full wheel wells,inner rockers,and valence corners,and my car needs all of it.
Sounds like you have scored some nice parts over the years. I have heard stories of people cutting up mint RT charger shells just to part them out. Unheard of these days.

I probabably parted out about 100 Chargers back in the eighties,but they were rusty New England cars. There was no aftermarket sheetmetal to save them,other than some speed mechanical parts there was zero aftermarket support for these cars! Now I bring them back from the dead! Cars I used to cut up and scrap are bringing ten to twenty grand now! I used to enter shows and compete with Camaro's and Mustangs with all thier shiney new parts. The only way to build a Mopar back them was to part out three or four of them to build one half way decent car.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back