• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE (not mine) but hard to find and only a few left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sedanman

Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Plymout...98afba&vxp=mtr

Up for sale is this rare hard to find Mopar steering coupler clamp Part #2996935. This auction is for the spring wire retaining clamp only ( Steering coupler, cover and seal are NOT included and are shown to show clamp installed). This factory designed piece was required to be installed as per Mopar Dodge Chrysler Plymouth Technical Service Bulletin No. D69-19-4 in all vehicles using the 3 inch overall length steering coupler whenever the steering column or steering box was "disturbed for any reason." This was due to the tendency and frequency of the crimped on steering coupler seal cover to come loose whenever the cover was crimped on outside the factory. Many cars were coming back to the dealership for service and the technicians were having a difficult time securing the seal cover to coupler due to the small retaining tabs. This created an unsafe condition and allowed the seal to come loose and grit and water to enter the coupler. This ingenious clamp corrects this problem so well that the seal and cover are held rigidly without moving even before seal cover tabs are crimped over. Clamp installs without removing coupler from car and requires no tools to install,although a hammer or pry tool may ease installation because they are a tight factory fit, especially over new rubber seal and seal cover. Some of the cars these clamps fit are: 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 etc Plymouth Satellite Belvedere GTX Superbird Road Runner Barracuda 'Cuda Fury Valiant Savoy Dodge Coronet Super Bee Dart Demon Monaco Super Bee Duster Challenger Charger Daytona Chrysler Imperial New Yorker Cordoba 300 Also fits some Dodge trucks and vans with 3" coupler, various years, check your application. This clamp offered for sale fits most Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler vehicles with a 3 inch overall length steering coupler from 1962-1980's, manual or power steering. Steering coupler retainer clamp installs quickly with no tools and prevents separation of seal and cover from coupling as well as greatly assisting in quickly, safely and securely fastening cover and seal to coupler. If your cover and seal are already separated this part will snug in down nice and tight.This part is made in USA to match the factory pieces in every way, especially in its unique and required strong tensile spring characteristics.Installation instructions are included. Due to the extremely high investment cost of forming dies, tooling and machine set up and the difficult nature of forming high strength spring wire to exacting factory specifications, this may be the only quantity of these parts offered for sale. These retaining clamps are harder to find then hens teeth and quantity is limited so get them while they last!!! Shipping is USPS to United States addresses only. Shipping for up to 10 clamps is $5.95 USPS flat rate. Check your application and measure your steering coupler before ordering and make sure it is 3 inches in overall length. No returns. Great part, makes installation of cover and seal easy. Also fits some Dodge trucks with 3" coupler various years. Enjoy your Mopar with a period correct mopar factory designed retaining clamp. No more loose or separated seal and cover or unsightly or unsafe zip ties, wire or string holding yours together. Easy to remove for maintenance or service.

already gone...

They have been selling them for quite awhile. He's showing ten left.

Cool item to have...

I bought 2 of those!!

I picked up a few. It has been a long time since I saw them available in quantity at a reasonable price

- - - Updated - - -

His name there is moparclips

When I bought my 74 Charger, the cover was already loose. The listing only says through 72 but any reason this won't fit a 74? Can seem to find any info on that.

Just measure the overall length of your coupler,should be 3 inches. From listing:

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back