• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not tech say enough

Go to the Reference Desk of your local Library. They help people use the Library computers. They can help you learn what you need to know.

Go to the Reference Desk of your local Library. They help people use the Library computers. They can help you learn what you need to know.
He doesn't know how to access FBBO on his phone but he knows how to use the RED X button. I'm out.

I am 77 years old and not computer or phone savvy. I have been a member of this forum for I know over 10 years. I can't do anything on my phone unless someone helps me. I have worked on cars as a hobby all my life and learned because someone showed me how. I do not know how to take pictures on my phone and put it on my computer so I can put it on this forum. Might seem like a joke but I'm sure a lot of older members can relate to this. I listed a oil pump and billet rear seal kit from Mancini which was new. Ad was stopped and I tried to explain my problem. You can't believe the reply I got from who ever checked the ads. Seemed they think everyone can do it. Some how it was posted and there is a gentleman in San Jose who is happy. I tried to list an ad for a new radiator shroud that I don't need and ran into the same problem. I told them to just drop the ad. I know when I first joined, that a picture wasn't required as I bought and sold a lot of things I needed. I have always liked this site and recommended it to a lot of people. I want any more. Not crying over spilled milk but the controllers of this site don't seem to relate to something like this. NO instructions on how to but YOU CAN"T WITHOUT PICTURES. I understand why but no understanding from them. This post will probably ne canceled but I feel like I should explain the other side od the coin
Perhaps you should join up at FCBO ....those guys are all in their 80's and 90's......and they don't seem to have any issues following the rules or posting pictures.

Age is Not a barrier ....nor is it an excuse for not being able to follow the rules here.

Where there is a will, there is a way (and usually a greedy lawyer)

Thanks so much. If they have,then maybe I can learn how to do it. Thanks so much
He doesn't know how to access FBBO on his phone but he knows how to use the RED X button. I'm out.
I think you certainly are. I guess when you started school, you told your teacher what to do since you know all the answers. Bet she couldn't teach you anything because you already knew it. Always admired really smart people.

@gto64gto .....you're giving the GM crowd a black eye with the use of the red X's. We ARE trying to help you. I'm in my 70's too and this stuff ISN'T as hard as you are making it out to be.

I have a feeling the red x is not what you thinks it is.The red x is you saying you disagree.
You may also try your local senior center for computer/phone help.My wife worked our local senior center for ten years and did allot of computer training/help with us grey hairs.

Yeah, I sincerely offered to help and got a red x club small.jpg for it.
I'm gone also. Screw this.

Yeah, I sincerely offered to help and got a View attachment 1559592 for it.
I'm gone also. Screw this.
I don't think it was fat fingers either......seems pretty consistent with handing them out to Toolmanmike. :rolleyes:

That's considered retaliation on other sites I have belonged to in the past and is usually dealt with by a vacation.

Superman kicking in nuts.gif

First off, the screen name you picked isn't doing you any favors on a strictly MOPAR site. It certainly won't endear you to the regular members. That in itself isn't a crime but clicking the DISAGREE repeatedly isn't cool.
Go back and remove all the RED X clicks that you gave out. People are trying to help you.
Being older is only a problem if you let it be a problem. I don't like change much but I was able to figure out a LOT of stuff by testing, trying and messing things up. There are computer repair stores that may have employees that can provide guidance.

Thanks but does anyone understand I don't know how to get my phone pictures from my phone to my computer and then if on my computer how to go from pictures on my computer (which I don't have any) to a ad?
If your phone can send emails, just email the pictures to your email address. They will be sent to your inbox, then you just download them to the files on your computer. I do this many times but they sometimes come through in a small file and the pictures are smaller than I like. A wire connecting the phone to the computer is a direct connection and it allows me to transmit the pictures in full size.
I know the frustration that you may feel when dealing with technology and the rules changing. We all struggle with new things replacing the stuff we have used for years. It is not fun.

@gto64gto if you can text a picture, you can copy and paste it to your ad. Take a picture of the part you wanna post, hold your finger down on it, it’ll pop up copy. Touch copy and then paste it to your ad. What type of phone do you have? What brand?

First off, the screen name you picked isn't doing you any favors on a strictly MOPAR site. It certainly won't endear you to the regular members. That in itself isn't a crime but clicking the DISAGREE repeatedly isn't cool.
Go back and remove all the RED X clicks that you gave out. People are trying to help you.
Being older is only a problem if you let it be a problem. I don't like change much but I was able to figure out a LOT of stuff by testing, trying and messing things up. There are computer repair stores that may have employees that can provide guidance.

If your phone can send emails, just email the pictures to your email address. They will be sent to your inbox, then you just download them to the files on your computer. I do this many times but they sometimes come through in a small file and the pictures are smaller than I like. A wire connecting the phone to the computer is a direct connection and it allows me to transmit the pictures in full size.
I know the frustration that you may feel when dealing with technology and the rules changing. We all struggle with new things replacing the stuff we have used for years. It is not fun.
Yup, when I see a bunch of red X's, it doesn't make me want to be of much help either not to mention that snide comment he made earlier.....imo, we just don't need members who are aholes to people who are trying to help just because he feels they are not helping. If he doesn't have family or friends close by that can or wants to help him, maybe he needs to hire a tutor or just go to the dang library!

Yup, when I see a bunch of red X's, it doesn't make me want to be of much help either not to mention that snide comment he made earlier.....imo, we just don't need members who are aholes to people who are trying to help just because he feels they are not helping. If he doesn't have family or friends close by that can or wants to help him, maybe he needs to hire a tutor or just go to the dang library!
I can see why his family or friends can’t or won’t help.

Auto Transport Service
Back