• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not Understanding No Prep

Agreed, compare it to dirt oval track. Cars get banged up. It's part of it. For sure steel guard rail is bad news. I wouldn't race this track with prep. The driving aspect of getting down the track seems challenging and interesting. But no desire to do it with my car. The amazing part to me is some of these cars are pretty nice.
Doug
It sure looks like they are risking a lot of money, but then I guess we all do. There are plenty of cars running at
Magnolia that I think are too fast for the track.
As matter of fact, last Sunday I pitted right at half track. There's a seem in the black top that runs all the way across. Bout half way through Time trials, a chunk about the size of a softball came up. They just took it out.
And that guardrail opened up that car like it was a tomato can.
I got outta shape myself on the starting line on my 1st tt.

It sure looks like they are risking a lot of money, but then I guess we all do. There are plenty of cars running at
As matter of fact, last Sunday I pitted right at half track. There's a seem in the black top that runs all the way across. Bout half way through Time trials, a chunk about the size of a softball came up. They just took it out.
I bet this haunt here in New York has got that no prep joint covered by a long shot. My Van sneakers came off when I stepped in the groove. Enough rubber combined with good VHT, Rosin or Soda Pop will get you into sticky Wrigley's chewing gum territory.

0.jpeg

Agreed, compare it to dirt oval track. Cars get banged up. It's part of it. For sure steel guard rail is bad news. I wouldn't race this track with prep. The driving aspect of getting down the track seems challenging and interesting. But no desire to do it with my car. The amazing part to me is some of these cars are pretty nice.
Doug
A lot of TV dollars & rating points. I love it for the drama & strategizing. Plus the occasional hottie! I bet the body/paint is 100ft.

Padam, is the short turnoff still there in the middle of 4' corn/weeds? Haven't been there for 30+. Used to remember a smudge pot at the short turn!

Last Saturday my home track Magnolia in Ohio hosted a private event for no prep pyop racing.
Looks like they had a pretty bad crash, although I don't think anyone was hurt.
Link is below.
So I guess they are trying to get like the street racing scene.
What I don't get, is they supposedly strip the tracks, and then the racers put down their own traction compound?(pour your own puddle?)
Seems really sloppy and inefficient to me, not to mention dangerous with a flag man.
I'm surprised the tracks go along with it.

The owner of the Mustang is doing ok. He told me he has a sore shoulder and back. Dennis owns a chassis shop in Talmadge Ohio. He did all the work on my CM cage in my cuda.

If I remember correctly Dennis won the no prep race at Mag last yr

Padam, is the short turnoff still there in the middle of 4' corn/weeds? Haven't been there for 30+. Used to remember a smudge pot at the short turn!
There's still a short turn off, weeds aren't quite that high though

The owner of the Mustang is doing ok. He told me he has a sore shoulder and back. Dennis owns a chassis shop in Talmadge Ohio. He did all the work on my CM cage in my cuda.

If I remember correctly Dennis won the no prep race at Mag last yr
If he did his own cage, it's a good recommendation.

Auto Transport Service
Back