• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NY Islanders Hall of Famer Clark Gillies passes away

WileERobby

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:33 AM
Reaction score
As a huge hockey, huge NY Islanders fan, I am sad to say that one of the all-time great players has passed away at age 67. A integral part of the greatest dynasty in pro sports history, Gillies was a great player, as well as the toughest player ever to wear skates. His presence alone enabled others to perform to their best talents, and he was a great offensive player in his own right. As a person, he was a great humanitarian in the Long Island community. Personally, I had season tickets during the dynasty years, and no other sports experience compares to those years for me. R.I.P. Clark Gillies

Rest In Peace! Great, Tough player for sure!

Was a dyed in the wool Rangers fan back in the days when I was more interested in pro sports and the cross town rivalry or figurative "hatred" for anything Islanders ran strong in my veins. Having said that, I was always in awe watching those guys skate as a team during the dynasty years of the early to mid 80's. (Would never admit that publicly back then!)

RIP Mr Gilles

R.I.P.

Was a dyed in the wool Rangers fan back in the days when I was more interested in pro sports and the cross town rivalry or figurative "hatred" for anything Islanders ran strong in my veins. Having said that, I was always in awe watching those guys skate as a team during the dynasty years of the early to mid 80's. (Would never admit that publicly back then!)

RIP Mr Gilles
I grew up a Rangers fan before the Isles came into existence. Rod Gilbert (met him personally) was my fave player then, great player. Isles-Rangers rivalry is one that cannot be matched in pro sports !

As a huge hockey, huge NY Islanders fan, I am sad to say that one of the all-time great players has passed away at age 67. A integral part of the greatest dynasty in pro sports history, Gillies was a great player, as well as the toughest player ever to wear skates. His presence alone enabled others to perform to their best talents, and he was a great offensive player in his own right. As a person, he was a great humanitarian in the Long Island community. Personally, I had season tickets during the dynasty years, and no other sports experience compares to those years for me. R.I.P. Clark Gillies
Mike Bossy gone too. RIP.

Auto Transport Service
Back