• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Off to the interior shop

Pool Fixer

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:28 AM
Reaction score
After bringing the car out of it's 8 year slumber, getting it running again, etc.. I decided to refresh the interior. I'm still rolling with a pretty original 68 interior. I refaced the gauges, installed a dash pad cover, did a home brew dash bezel repaint/chrome jobby. it does have a newer headliner. but, still wearing all it's original door cards, carpet and seat covers. I have a dakota digital dash for it, the one that looks very close to stock, new nice dash bezel kit...and a carpet. I ordered a legendary kit last march and finally got it.

dropped off my original back seat today along with my legandary cover/install padding kit. once that's done, I'll bring the front seats in. I'm going with the Rallye kit for my buckets with the bolsters molded into foam and seat cover. I'm also going to have the install the factory headrest conversion I got. Pretty psyched for basically a new interior.

I also plan to install KilMat while the carpet is out. should make it pretty quiet. I'll eventually ahve to replace the door cards but they are pretty good at the moment

IMG_4561.jpeg

After bringing the car out of it's 8 year slumber, getting it running again, etc.. I decided to refresh the interior. I'm still rolling with a pretty original 68 interior. I refaced the gauges, installed a dash pad cover, did a home brew dash bezel repaint/chrome jobby. it does have a newer headliner. but, still wearing all it's original door cards, carpet and seat covers. I have a dakota digital dash for it, the one that looks very close to stock, new nice dash bezel kit...and a carpet. I ordered a legendary kit last march and finally got it.

dropped off my original back seat today along with my legandary cover/install padding kit. once that's done, I'll bring the front seats in. I'm going with the Rallye kit for my buckets with the bolsters molded into foam and seat cover. I'm also going to have the install the factory headrest conversion I got. Pretty psyched for basically a new interior.

I also plan to install KilMat while the carpet is out. should make it pretty quiet. I'll eventually ahve to replace the door cards but they are pretty good at the moment

View attachment 1600356
I've got a dumb question....what is a "Rallye kit"?

I've got a dumb question....what is a "Rallye kit"?
Actually a good question. Rallye kit is what legendary calls it. Front seats only. It's foam and seat covers that fit 68 charger seats but have bolsters like modern car seat. pattern is identical to stock upholstery. I guess it's about the same result as taking a modern car seat and having it recovered in old musclecar pattern. Difference is it's on the factory seat frame so it bolts into the car with zero mods.

I got the back seat back already. Shop is busy so I'm bringing him the fronts to do end of Feb

I could have left the base of the back seat alone as it had zero damage. the upper part, the vinyl dried out over the years and cracked like a cracker. Even though it looked ok, I'm sure the padding was tired. On the fronts, they look really good still... besides one tear in drivers seat base... but the foam gave it up years ago and every time I got in our out, it would deposit more of itself on the carpet.

I'm going to kilmat the floor since I'll be doing the carpet.

IMG_4619.jpeg

IMG_4617.jpeg

IMG_4613.jpeg

IMG_4616.jpeg

IMG_4614.jpeg

...Also, since I have the back seat out, I want to completely isolate the trunk. The kilmat is not structural at all so do i just put the factory masonite back in and kilmat over it? Or should I use something else before putting the sound deadening on?

Auto Transport Service
Back