• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions Needed....

jaak

Local time
2:17 PM
Reaction score
I have my 69 Charger Project, but it will be a while before its finished. I always keep my eyes peeled for other mopars projects, parts cars drivers,etc. for sale. Well right now I have on my mind I would like a driver/toy in a $2000-2500 budget. I ran across this car... 69 Plymouth Sport Satellite 4 Door. I know 4 doors aren't the coolest thing but something attracts me to this car. Owner claims it sat in a barn for 20 years and this car is solid. It had new tires and nice aftermarket wheels. The interior is like a time capsule it is NICE. All glass and trim in good shape.
Now the bad part. Motor runs smooth, but block is cracked. Owner said previous owner had water in it and it froze causing the block to crack. But that isn't a real big deal though, as I do have a 318 Engine sitting in the back of my shop. I can get this car for 1200.
What do you guys think? Can it still be a cool driver/toy even though its a 4 door, thats the biggest deciding factor I guess, because if it was a 2 door, I would probably be on my way to get it right now instead of typing this post, lol.

Jason

PlySat001.jpg

PlySat002.jpg

PlySat003.jpg

PlySat004.jpg

Looks cool. I have fallen into this trap before though. That's why I've had my 72 Charger for seven years and haven't been able to get any major work done to it.

Cool enough. Since it's a manual trans, it would be cool to stick a 4 speed in it, and have a 4 speed 4 door. Would be a no brainer if it had A/C

How are the frame rails and trunk ? The radio bezel (if it's not cracked) is worth a few bucks as is the grille. GTX interchangable. Have you seen the crack in the block or is it just the owners say so ? More than once I've seen loose exhaust manifold bolts or bad head gaskets leak coolant that people wrongly assumed were cracked blocks. Good luck !

I would buy it! There is probably $1200.00 worth of parts on it. But I would drive it around and have some fun with it!

Nice clean southern car? Go for it! Drop in a new motor, enjoy it. Drive as is or modify it, your choice, it has great potential either way.

big stroker and make some money off suckers lol. a cool daily driver cant hurt

It would make the perfect sleeper. But hey if the block is cracked on the outside you can have it welded.

I'd buy it drive it. then if you get bored with it part it out.

I would buy it! There is probably $1200.00 worth of parts on it. But I would drive it around and have some fun with it!

Took the words right out of my mouth! If it runs and drives but it, but don't put a lot of money into it. Reminds me of my buddy who had a 4dr Satellite that he stuffed a 440 in, and it was even the same color. Ran a 12.80 and he shut it down in high gear because a lifter popped out. Sleeeeeper!!

Dive it like you stole it, then use it for parts car when you find a 2 door.

Auto Transport Service
Back