• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original? Hurst 4-speed pistol grip handle

Slant6 E-body

Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
Hi B-body enthusiasts…….. I’m seeking some info on a Hurst pistol grip handle I’ve owned since the early 90’s. I picked it up from the Mopar Spring Fling in SoCal. It could be an original and not a repro or something somebody put together. It seems to be size wise and specs the same as an original. Description besides having the same outwardly specs as the ones we know. It’s professionally made from a solid block of billet aluminum with the plastic grips separate and held together by 3 chrome screws and the 4 speed pattern decal added to top has a threaded insert to screw onto shift handle. I googled some research on this and really found nothing. Contacted MCG they’re looking into it. I was going to polish it but they told me leave it as is. Another thing is it weighs in at 14oz. almost a pound of aluminum. Mishimoto makes weighted handles for our Mopars at 12.8oz. I probably won’t be using it for my application but good for info. Thanks, Al

97D10C20-90D4-467A-AEB7-BE6380A0FE0C.jpeg D2C3945B-0132-4A14-B6AC-F58EAF19E411.jpeg F4043CD1-FE2F-4E76-82C5-B8EC21D502B2.jpeg 9C695409-57D8-4B18-8054-EB0817BCBBB9.jpeg

That is not an original.
The plastic maybe ?
Not the handle though.
They were all one piece of flat metal.
The handles were attached, but never threaded like that.
However that is really cool !

Thanks Jimmer, as cool as it is I still can’t come up with any conceivable info on it. Would make a great paper weight. The guy I bought it from only wanted a $1.00 for it. A real conversation piece. Some nice skill was put into this thing.
Al

Bringing this thread back to life - did you find any information on this piece? I have a non-console shifter handle in my ‘68 that I would like to swap out for a pistol grip (I know, not correct, but they’re so cool!) and that handle is a perfect solution. I wondered if something like that existed, which would be a great alternative to the cost of a new handle. Do you figure it was a one-off hand made item or maybe mass produced?

Auto Transport Service
Back