• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our barn cat, do you have one?

We had barn cats when we had horses. Eventually my wife and daughter invited them in the house. They enjoyed the warmth , but still would go out and keep the vermin at bay. They were brother and sister. She passed at 6 years and he passed 2 years ago. they were great cats.

We have a few strays that became house only cats.
It's nice to have a local shelter that will spay/neuter them for $40.
One of our young ones caught a small mouse in the basement last week so he is earning his keep.

Gus

2015-07-11 20.50.27.jpg

This one came from mother in law's farm. He is a Flamepoint Saimese. He is a clown!

View attachment 1342275

View attachment 1342278

We have almost the exact same cat !! We brought in a stray that thanked us by having kittens (under the bed). She had two kittens and we just couldn't give them up. So, we have Boz (the flame point) and Tink (his sister, a gray tabby), plus the mother Lucky the tourtise shell kitty.. Boz is as you describe...a real clown but extremely friendly and loving. They have no interest in going outdoors. They could care less if the door is wide open. So, they have a pretty good life here on the farm.

I have two garage cats that roam about and help work on my car. :)
20211231_184929.jpg

20210907_101716.jpg

Feral cat in my neighborhood. I talk to her and thought she was deaf until she finally looked at me when I squeaked like a puppy. She won't come anywhere near me.
P1015570.jpeg

Hmm barn cat.

Well we own 2 house cats, but the farm has clowders.

There are 6 different areas so six different clowders. My father goes around feeding the clowders milk at chore time.
Here is a sample
20221018_184002.jpg
20221018_184300.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back