• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Out for a spin...

patrick66

Local time
8:14 AM
Reaction score
Yesterday, me and other members of our local Mopar club drove our cars to Enid, OK, to visit what is likely the most impressive collection of Duesenburgs and pre-war Cadillacs around, along with a couple of pre-war Mercedes, a Bentley racer, and a Ferrari, plus an American LaFrance fire truck and a Diamond T pickup. All restored to beyond concourse standards.

We weren't allowed to take pics, though.

These are all cars that have been to Pebble Beach, Amelia Island, or several other of the best car shows. What is cool is that every single vehicle has current registrations! He can get in any one of them and drive it. And he does exercise any two of the cars every Sunday with a 45-minute drive on the rural paved roads around Enid. The owner is not one to sit back in a leather chair in his warehouse and just look at them! Several car clubs came out to participate too. Perhaps 80 people attended. Great fun!

How did the Coronet run? Fantastic! Drove that 233 miles without missing a beat. Fuel was $3.80/gal for real Super Unleaded. At 12.3 mpg, the day wasn't cheap for fuel. Sailed right along at 80 mph for the majority of the trip.

And check what I found for sale in Crescent, OK! A '66 383 Charger! Complete but rough. $9K. Odo shoes 23K miles.

20211009_111918.jpg

Last edited:
The Cord and Duesenberg museum in Fort Wayne Indiana is also very impressive! That 66 Charger looks great from here. Rough, I can't believe it's rusty like these northern cars. 440'

The Cord and Duesenberg museum in Fort Wayne Indiana is also very impressive! That 66 Charger looks great from here. Rough, I can't believe it's rusty like these northern cars. 440'

That museum is a must see, however it is in Auburn Indiana.

My mistake, your correct it's in Auburn been a few years since I've been there. 440'

That's a good price on the Charger.
I'd be interested.

23k and rough, interior should be nice? Someone a long time ago said if see a low mileage car check wear brake pedal on gas pedal side. They can change the pads. True or not?

Last edited:
23k and rough, interior should be nice? Someone a long time said if see a low mileage car check wear brake pedal on gas pedal side. They can change the pads. True or not?

I never said it HAS 23K miles, I said it SHOWS 23K on the odo. Read for comprehension and context, please.

I've been buying and selling cars since 1972, thanks for the "buying tip", Captain Obvious.

I never said it HAS 23K miles, I said it SHOWS 23K on the odo. Read for comprehension and context, please.

I've been buying and selling cars since 1972, thanks for the "buying tip", Captain Obvious.
Easily offended. geez

No, I just get pissed when people can't read the printed word and grasp the meaning. This inability apparently fits you...

"Shoes" is how "shows" can be pronounced. You understood it, right? So there!

Ed Sullivan.. " a really good shoe.." (show)

Auto Transport Service
Back