• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parking brake cable

bandit

Local time
1:46 AM
Reaction score
Anyone have any pics showing how the front parking brake cable sheathed part is attached to the pedal on a 70 Charger? More specifically those flanged fittings at the end of the sheathed part(last pic below) on the cable have to mount into/against something. I do not see where they mount by the pedal. Also, how are they held in? The back cables have flared metal strips that will lock into the hole when pushed in but the front cable ones do not.

My car was stripped of the pedal and cables when I bought it so flying blind on this.

Here is a pic of the same pedal I have(not mine unfortunately). One thing I do not have that this does is that little black metal piece held in by the black bolt. Does that have anything to do with mounting the cable??

pedal.jpg
pedal 1.jpg

Here is a pic of the cables sheathed metal flang part I am talking about. How does this piece get locked into the frame and pedal assembly??

cable.jpg

I figured out the pedal end of it. That black clip thing does hold the cable on the pedal assembly. That pic just has it on the wrong side. Now I just need to track one of those clips down.....

I still do not know how the other end of the cable sheathing connects to the frame. It is that same piece in pic 3. My frame just has a hole for that to go into and mount. How does it stay there? As you can see it is all smooth on the end that sticks through. There is nothing to clip or grab onto to hold it there. What am I missing??

I don't see anything that goes with this. I'm thinking of just filing two grooves on either side so a clip can slide down over it and lock in the grooves. Tried to thread it but not having much luck getting it to start.

that metal part on your cable there in that pic is actually the rear end side and locks into the frame the other end ges in through the wheel well then through a rubber grommet in the firewall, then the end of cable clamps onto the pedal bracket and there is a pin and split pin type setup on the pedal. i will try look for the part you need and take some photos tonite of my car, i had the same problem about a year ago but got it sorted .

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PARK-BRAKE-CABLE-PIN-CLIP-68-69-70-CHARGER-GTX-ROAD-RUNNER-70-AAR-CUDA-MOPAR-/380536687956?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5899c10d54&vxp=mtr

there is the pin for cable to pedal

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?24243-68-charger-park-brake-PLEASE-Help

heres my original post should help

Auto Transport Service
Back