• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Passenger window just wont fit

Dale Lucy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:45 PM
Reaction score
New to me 1969 GTX convertible, purchased with bad window regulators on both the door and quarter panel windows, RH side. After getting replacement regulators, I have fought for what seems like an eternity trying to get the door window to line up with the top rail, but cant make it happen. I have adjusted the vent frame to have a pretty decent gap along the windshield post, but the top of the window slopes downward along the whole length, leaving a 3/4 inch gap at the back (window to top weatherstrip)

I made a template of the vent window using cardboard
RH side.jpg

and compared it to the LH side:
LH side.jpg

Being as the RH door was replaced at some point, I'm guessing that they did not swap out the vent window frames?

Dale
SW MI

Pretty sure the vent windows are the same between a 4door and a convertable. Someone will chime in.

Had a 67 ragtop and sedan door wing frames didn't match up.....not sure about the 68-70 cars.

Convertible vent frames are stand along different than post or hardtop only reason I know I bought a 70 rh dr it was mint no rust in storages for years no rust any where still had door panel on it , it.my car is a post car vent window hit the trim on post car couldn’t close the door ;had to change out vent window and door glass plus rear track

Auto Transport Service
Back