• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pentastar Location 67 GTX

67GTX440

Local time
12:23 AM
Reaction score
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...ntastar-location&highlight=pentastar+location

Prior threads show dimensions may be somewhat different from model to model. Before I get out the drill and make an irreversable error, can someone verify that 6.5 inches from the door side edge of the fender and 2.5 inches down from the fender crease looks correct for the center of the 5/32 primary pentastar mounting hole for a 67 GTX?

I don't want to finish the car just to have someone at a car show tell me "You know that pentastar is in the wrong location don't you?" I will have plenty of other things they can criticize, I am sure. I do have to admit I laugh a little when I see a Mopar with one on both front fenders, however, and I have seen a few.

Help from anyone with an unmolested 67 GTX is appreciated.

Thanks!

Don

I took some pictures from my GTX. Hope they help. IMG_20150815_113354.jpgIMG_20150815_113407.jpgIMG_20150815_113422.jpgIMG_20150815_113427.jpg

I thought I was missing one for years before I found out there's only one on the passenger side....

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...ntastar-location&highlight=pentastar+location

Prior threads show dimensions may be somewhat different from model to model. Before I get out the drill and make an irreversible error, can someone verify that 6.5 inches from the door side edge of the fender and 2.5 inches down from the fender crease looks correct for the center of the 5/32 primary pentastar mounting hole for a 67 GTX?

I don't want to finish the car just to have someone at a car show tell me "You know that pentastar is in the wrong location don't you?" I will have plenty of other things they can criticize, I am sure. I do have to admit I laugh a little when I see a Mopar with one on both front fenders, however, and I have seen a few.

Help from anyone with an unmolested 67 GTX is appreciated.

Thanks!

Don

If anyone talks trash to you about anything right or wrong on your car just roshambo them and yell "your it" and laugh and walk off while they reel in pain, or if that's too extreme for you then just explain you are not trying to hide anything and if they don't like it go piss off.

Just saying, unless you car is all original with all the original parts on it then screw them, the first thing I ask some one who questions my car is, Is your car fully restored? If they say yes I ask did you replace anything or just refurb the original stuff? 99.9% say repop stuff at which time I inform them their car is no longer original just restored and has now lost all of its originality. that usually smokes them off pretty good trying to contemplate that. I mean sheesh only a unrestored survivor can be considered all original anymore to say a car is all original restoration / restored would be a complete lie and only chevy guys do that! lmao Love the brands and the cars as they are stock, modded, whatever if its a mopar is a go car!

Thanks! I got a lot of replies on this and no two seem to be the same. Either a lot have been replaced at some point in time, or whoever had this task at the plant installed them wherever looked right to them. I think I am going to go with about 6.5 inches right of the fender and 2.5 inches above the chrome side sill trim. This would be a little to the right of yours. I have come to the conclusion that if it is somewhere on the lower right front fender, nobody can say it is wrong.

Thanks to all who took the time to measure and respond by post or PM. Unfortunately, no two people found the Pentastar to be in the same location on a 67 GTX. Either a lot have been moved over the years or the factory workers put them on pretty randomly. I went with 6 inches to the right of the door gap and 2 and 1/2 inches above the rocker molding chrome.

Now go ahead and flood me with responses that this location is incorrect! The holes are drilled and the deed is done. Location is not changing. LOL I may have gotten it a little too far forward. Absolutfrase's 5.5 inches to the right of the door gap and 2 and 1/2 inches above the side sill chrome may have been spot on. I got replies from 5" to the right of the fender gap to 7 and 1/16 inches to the right of the fender gap. The 2 and 1/2 inches above the side sill chrome seemed pretty consistent although those who measured from the bottom edge of the fender reported from 5 to 6 and 1/2 inches. Is is hard to get a consistent measure there as it would be different depending if side sill chrome is in place and you are measuring over it or not.

You can compare the location I chose to the pictures of what RK Restorations site calls the Worlds Finest 67 Belvedere GTX Restoration. I am willing to admit up front that mine will not be the new "Worlds Finest".
IMG_5647.jpg1967-Plymouth-Belvedere-GTX_254705_low_res.jpg1967-Plymouth-Belvedere-GTX_254740_low_res.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back