• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

People crack me up

pearljam724

Local time
4:46 AM
Reaction score
I felt like sharing this. A lot of you may have experienced something similar.
On a drive today, I pull up to a stop light. It was not a typical 4 way intersection. As I’m sitting there, a guy that appeared to be his late 50’s/ early 60’s approaches me from the other direction in a tow truck. He comes to a yielded stop. He’s practically sitting a couple lanes over from me. But, we are nearly side by side from a distance at this point. My window is down, he’s yelling from that distance and is holding up traffic behind him for nearly a couple minutes. With no regard of anyone behind him. He yells, “ Hey, if you ever want to sell that car you let me know, you hear me ? “ Trying to convince me just how serious he was with a quick personal car story as he points down at the company advertisement on the side of his door and believed to be his personal auto shop, etc. As in, give me a call.
I looked him into the eyes, wasted no time and simply yelled, “ It’s for sale” His eyes got big and asks, “ how much ? “ I yelled back my reasonable price considering all things and in his response he nearly choked to death saying, “ Nah, I ain’t got that kind of money” What was he expecting me to say ? Yeah, I ll take 10-20 grand for it ? His reaction to my price was incredibly hilarious. As if he thought, it was 1979 and these cars were selling for several grand in restored show condition.

Last edited:
Interesting how they’re worth 10 - 15 - 20 times what they did new 50 years later. A lot of people choke at the prices. But they’re worth it if nicely done.

Interesting how they’re worth 10 - 15 - 20 times what they did new 50 years later. A lot of people choke at the prices. But they’re worth it if nicely done.
To my surprise, I just think he was out of touch.

Auto Transport Service
Back