• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics of spare tire and jack bolted down please.

Wallus57

Local time
9:12 AM
Reaction score
Hi folks. My 63 Savoy came spareless. I've purchased a wheel and tire and have the jack and tire iron but no bolt or wing nut. Plus, I don't have a clue as to how it all goes together. I would appreciate it if someone could take a picture of theirs for me.

Thanks, Wally

This is a 64 Belvedere ,original spare. Car only had 7,000 miles when I got it.
My 63 has the same set up. Jack can barely be seen to the right of the tire and mounts in a holder bracket from wheel house to a bracket near the tail light.

IMG_0822.jpg

Thanks Darter6. Does the jack just sit loosely in the trunk drop off or is it bolted down too?

The 64 is long gone.You actually just jack till tight if I remember. I sold the factory jack set up from my 63
Now have a scissor jack.

The 64 is long gone.You actually just jack till tight if I remember. I sold the factory jack set up from my 63
Now have a scissor jack.
Good idea. Scissor jacks are quite portable too. Thank you.

I sent you a private message concerning the parts you need !!!!
Thanks. I have everything except the bolt and wing nut. I might just go the scissor jack method that Darter suggested though. Thanks again.

I got mine from a 80's Dodge Diplomat.Some of the Mopar ones have a bracket and wing nut to mount under your spare.
You will have to modify the bracket to make it fit for good looks. I keep mine in the tool box I have in the trunk.

Ok. I got mine from a 80's Dodge Diplomat.Some of the Mopar ones have a bracket and wing nut to mount under your spare.
You will have to modify the bracket to make it fit for good looks. I keep mine in the tool box I have in t
Ok. Thanks for the info.

Auto Transport Service
Back