• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pistol Grip Idea

Virg464

Local time
9:14 PM
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has a pistol grip shifter without the fake wood scales installed, that might be willing to trace the profile of the shifter arm where the scales fit and the screw hole locations? I'm upgrading my cnc router capabilities (CAD/CAM program) and would like to try and machine a set from some walnut that I have laying around the woodshop. I'm located in the 48615 area and would be willing to work with someone to get a good match.

I had a set custom made for my cuda. I chose the option of no-holes, using very strong magnets instead. A couple different types of wood was used to make it. The black is an actual black species.

Home

Cuda shifter.jpg
Cuda shifter 2.jpg

Wow @slepr1, I just did a double take. I worked up a Hurst in 2019 with the same (or similar) wooden handle held with magnets. It was the first time I'd seen them.

Screenshot_20230626-110437_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20230626-110423_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20230626-110413_Samsung Internet.jpg

If no one has provided you with a scaled drawing today, I can get one for you this evening.
Hello
I want to make my own pistol grip shifter handle, not the grip.
If you still have scaled drawings of one I would love to get a copy.
Thanks

There's all manner of "grips" available for those handles. Google is your friend.

My comment was related to the OP, who said he was looking to do the scales in walnut. Everything I've seen on the interweb is plastic, not real wood. A nicly done set in black walnut would look alot nicer than the plastic wood grains.

Mark

My comment was related to the OP, who said he was looking to do the scales in walnut. Everything I've seen on the interweb is plastic, not real wood. A nicly done set in black walnut would look alot nicer than the plastic wood grains.

Mark
Definitely a hardwood would look and feel the best. Brewers has some wood ones.

Auto Transport Service
Back