• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Portable spot welder for cowl?

Cmmopar

Local time
1:43 PM
Reaction score
I was just given a like new Miller lmsw-52t portable spot welder with 6 inch tongs and timer today. I have not fired it up yet. I know some seam sealer can be used in conjunction with spot welds and would like to seal between cowl like the factory did if possible. Has this unit proved useful to anyone? Has anybody used one of these welders to install a upper cowl? Specs for spot welder are as follow:

Input Power •LMSW: 220 VAC, 30 A Output Power Range (calibrated with standard-type tongs). •LMSW: 6 in (152 mm) 6,750 A •LMSW: 12 in (305mm) 5,800 A •LMSW: 18 in (457mm) 4,850 A Rated Output •LMSW : 2.5 kVA at 50 % Duty Cycle Work Capacity (combined thickness uncoated mild steel using 6 in [152 mm] tongs). •LMSW: 3/16 in (4.7 mm)

https://www.millerwelds.com/equipme...s title=LMSW-52T 220 with Weld Timer - 901357

Auto Transport Service
Back