• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Positive ignition source question.

BTW, the optional factory power window relay and circuit breaker is connected to the alternator side ammeter stud on most of these cars from the time, not anywhere on the battery side of the ammeter. Once more, there are/were no factory operating loads at the battery or anywhere between the battery and the ammeter originally, by design.
Mmmm actually I remember have seen this acc being sourced in the batt side of the ammeter on diagrams, straight at the amm stud, but is a puntual power source moment, not a constant sucker.

Could I be wrong? Maybe but is just what I remember right now.

Mmmm actually I remember have seen this acc being sourced in the batt side of the ammeter on diagrams, straight at the amm stud, but is a puntual power source moment, not a constant sucker.

Could I be wrong? Maybe but is just what I remember right now.
Nacho, Wiring diagrams do indeed show power windows & liftgate window options power take on the battery side of the ammeter, conceding that one point. Not sure I follow the logic in that. Possibly not being an operating load, it’s likely the momentary high current draw from window lift motors was thought to be better off sourced directly from the battery running or not. With the relatively low alternator outputs from that time, there’s a good chance activating more than one window motors while running would momentarily overcome the alternator output while running anyway.

BTW, this is the thread that triggered the load placement matters video post.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back