• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Possible (Probable) Scam

Charlie Brown

Local time
7:05 AM
Reaction score
While posting an ad in Wanted parts, I got this reply.
Contacted by FBBO member Marcky11, Stated that he had dealt with "Lily" for parts. Reasonable prices and fast turn around. Told me to text 17036649458. I did. Photos sent right away, with prices. When pressed for better quality pics, non were available because "daughter" was helping her out. Said "my word is my bond". When I said without detailed pics, there could be no further business. That's the last I heard from "Lily". I also noted that my conversation with Marcky11 has been deleted - and not by me. Beware.

Last edited:
Why would you do that?

Flag, flag, flag, flag, flag.

All red.

While posting an ad in Wanted parts, I got this reply.
Contacted by FBBO member Marcky11, Stated that he had dealt with "Lily" for parts. Reasonable prices and fast turn around. Told me to text 17036649458. I did. Photos sent right away, with prices. When pressed for better quality pics, non were available because "daughter" was helping her out. Said "my word is my bond". When I said without detailed pics, there could be no further business. That's the last I heard from "Lily". I also noted that my conversation with Marcky11 has been deleted - and not by me. Beware.
4 words. HIT THE REPORT BUTTON !!!! The word "Report" is on every page including private messages.

Ok, I'll say it...

GOOD GRIEF CHARLIE BROWN

If I feel like playing with the scammers, I ask for either a date/time-stamped picture taken within the past 30 minutes, or a post-it note with the same info. They either say "I can't" or offer up a lame-*** excuse why they can't. My favorite is "Do you think I'm a crook or something?" to which I reply "Hell, yeah, you're a crook!". I report, block, and move forward with my day.

Another dead-giveaway is their "joined on" date. Anything less than 90 days is usually indicative of a scammer. The folks that join and either post a bunch of parts, or reply with "Oh, yes, I have all of that!" - scammer alert!

If I feel like playing with the scammers, I ask for either a date/time-stamped picture taken within the past 30 minutes, or a post-it note with the same info. They either say "I can't" or offer up a lame-*** excuse why they can't. My favorite is "Do you think I'm a crook or something?" to which I reply "Hell, yeah, you're a crook!". I report, block, and move forward with my day.

Another dead-giveaway is their "joined on" date. Anything less than 90 days is usually indicative of a scammer. The folks that join and either post a bunch of parts, or reply with "Oh, yes, I have all of that!" - scammer alert!
Some good advice - especially the date / time item. Thanks.

I‘ve had a few good ones lately not involving parts or cars etc. I pretty rarely get on the neighborhood website “Nextdoor” - but do on occasion just to see what kind of lefty bs is going on around here of late. I‘ve had twice now impossibly good looking young “ladies” contact me via pm saying they‘d like to get to know me better. #1 a spectacular brunette with a decidedly middle eastern look to her. So I start to commune with “it”. A lot of nice anytime messages sometimes with more pics - once even a video w/o “it“ in it tho. A water front somewhere. According to “it” she was in Montenegro where she also has a place. So anyway I have fun with this for a while then start to pin her down harder and harder for something tangible like a FaceTime or at least a phone call. Keep in mind this chick was impossible rich and worldly. I get everthing but the kitchen sink and the live connection. Getting old now so one night I called the “somewhere in Africa douche” out and lay it on - how my brother is a supervising agent for the FBI in charge of cyber crime etc. I’m an attorney skilled at tracing this kind of **** down even where “it“ is and prosecuting. I lay it on pretty good. Well “it” gets scared and comes out of the closet and we kind of have it out. I act like a cold blooded mafia type when it comes to people that cross me. We finally get to the “click” and that was the end of my endless possibilities with this incredible “woman”. Damn it another beauty gets away.….. The last one wanted me because I was wise and worldly and she could learn from me….. All this without me even having more than a 2 word profile to go on…
Well I have to admit I am kind of a stud and a damn good catch…… Just ask me…

Auto Transport Service
Back