• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Powder Coating

djbr459

Local time
10:43 AM
Reaction score
Hi, I have an Edlebrock aluminum high rise intake.
I soda blasted it and it looks good but I wonder if it came from the factory painted.
I want to powder coat it and want to make sure that it's not painted.
The soda blasting should have removed any paint.
Thanks

You should send it to cudachick. Her work looks amazing

Hi, I have an Edlebrock aluminum high rise intake.
I soda blasted it and it looks good but I wonder if it came from the factory painted.
I want to powder coat it and want to make sure that it's not painted.
The soda blasting should have removed any paint.
Thanks

Some of their intakes are (were) available in black, but most have that as-cast aluminum finish. If the intake was painted at one time, no worries...the coater should be baking it first anyway as part of the prep process. A buddy had an Edelbrock intake done with a silver powder coating and it still looks really good after many years and miles.

Some of their intakes are (were) available in black, but most have that as-cast aluminum finish. If the intake was painted at one time, no worries...the coater should be baking it first anyway as part of the prep process. A buddy had an Edelbrock intake done with a silver powder coating and it still looks really good after many years and miles.
Thanks

Thanks for the shout @71RRHI!! Intakes are one of my favorite things to restore.

Doing the initial blasting yourself saved you some money @djbr459. I'd love a chance to earn your business! Here's a couple with Before & After shots ...
FB_IMG_1647363509004.jpgstr12-before_orig.jpgstr12_orig.jpg20220510_171533.jpg20220608_124726.jpg20220608_124756.jpg20220822_160315.jpg20220916_131828.jpg
There are tons more on my website and probably a few others on my Custom Powder Coating thread on here.

Really nice work, thanks.
I will check out your other work.

Auto Transport Service
Back