• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

power steering gear box for 62 Fury B body

rustytoolss

Local time
7:05 PM
Reaction score
What year(s) of PS gear box will fit in my 1962 Plymouth Fury ( B) body ? I was thinking that (1962-1972 A and B body , but not sure about that.) I have the small spline pitman arm.

Last edited:
You can also use the 5th Ave. or Dippy power steering boxes. The best is the Dippy police car box. These have a larger Pitman shaft, but you can still use them with a late '70's Cordoba Pitman arm. I have this on my 1967 Coronet R/T.
Early power steering pumps had larger 5/8" fluid return lines, so this is something to watch.

You can also use the 5th Ave. or Dippy power steering boxes. The best is the Dippy police car box. These have a larger Pitman shaft, but you can still use them with a late '70's Cordoba Pitman arm. I have this on my 1967 Coronet R/T.
Early power steering pumps had larger 5/8" fluid return lines, so this is something to watch.
Thanks for the input. Did not know about the 5/8" return hose. Thanks

Is there a way to work around the 5/8" return hose ? I am able to but a PS pump from a 1963 Dodge 318 Polly ( which is the same engine tht I have)

That should have the same larger return hose.
The return nipple piece is easily interchangeable. If going to newer style.

Auto Transport Service
Back