• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Power steering on a 225 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtbase

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:53 AM
Reaction score
I got a new project: a 1962 Dodge D100 pickup. There were soo few made with power steering, that the original equipment can't be found.
I bought a kit from "Easy Street" and with a lot of fuss, i got the knuckle into a spot, that it might actually work. The pump that was supplied, cannot.
I can't mount it mount to the block, as it's a Saginaw style and I've been unable to find a bracket for.

I'm looking for to find a pump and bracket for a 225 slant six
Anyone got one for sale? gotta have all the brackets

I wonder if one off an Aspen or Volare would work. I’d owned several over the years with power steering.

Any if these work for you? The last 3 pics are 2 pwr str brackets off 318

20230630_161842.jpg

20230704_151459.jpg

20230704_151608.jpg

20230704_151612.jpg

I replied to your other post that was taken down.
Just wanted to say that my 1988 Dodge Ram D 350 has a power steering pump with a remote reservoir.
Not sure why Dodge used them. Plenty of room but may be heat related.
Anyway it may help with your limited space problem. Just a thought.

I should have a used p/steering pump that I removed from a 82-83 Dodge truck along time ago. I am selling it as a core, but it may work, IDK. Saginaw pump with brackets, and I should also have the original hardware too. I will try to look for, and check it out. Just let me know if you should still need.

Thank you all

I've contacted CPP to buy whatever it takes to make this work.
The tech that I spoke to, confirmed that Saginaw style pumps were never on a 6 cyl ( I guess this assumes that he really knew what he was talking about)

What I'm sure of is: The bracket will be specific to the slant 6's

I'm not sure if the pump mounts on the block, or if the bracket mount to some other location.

If anyone has a pic of how this was done, that would help. I can't see the detail in pics found online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back