• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Powermaster alternator, 175191 vs 75191, 1969 Roadrunner 383

PlymCrazy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:19 AM
Reaction score
Good morning guys,
I burned up my alternator in my '69 Roadrunner 383. The previous owner put a lot of chrome in the engine bay and I'm trying to undo some of that as I replace failed components. Dual electric fans and an electric vacuum pump, hence the need for a higher current alternator. It currently has a Powermaster 175191, 95A polished alternator. I see Powermaster has a 75191, 95A with a more retro finish but none of the distributors websites confirm this is a fit for the car. I'm guessing the "1" in front of the "75191" is just to indicate the polished finish? Can anyone confirm this 75191 is indeed a compatible replacement? And do they make repair kits for these Powermaster models? Be nice to rebuild them instead of replacing the entire unit going forward.
- Nick

Last edited:
I was going to go with a Powermaster also. The "1" denotes chrome finish. The 75191 is the natural finish version. Same alternator. It's a square back style alternator if I recall correctly.

Thanks a ton Don! Ever see any repair kits for these particular models? I see plenty for the Chevy application Powermasters but haven't located anything for the 175191 or the 75191.

Thanks a ton Don! Ever see any repair kits for these particular models? I see plenty for the Chevy application Powermasters but haven't located anything for the 175191 or the 75191.

Repair kits? Not really, but then again I wasn't looking for one. Maybe someone else can chime in on that one.

Auto Transport Service
Back