• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prize fighting, better known as boxing.

Paul_G

Local time
10:15 AM
Reaction score
I have been watching some YouTube videos on Iron Mike Tyson. He was phenomenal in his prime. Entertaining to watch. As YouTube does, when you watch a genre they show you more in that genre. So I start getting more videos on boxers and come across this guy, Nicolino Locche. Skinny chain smoker, no muscle mass, hit like a pansy, but a phenomenal win record because he barely got hit. Entertaining to watch. Check him out.

I have been watching some YouTube videos on Iron Mike Tyson. He was phenomenal in his prime. Entertaining to watch. As YouTube does, when you watch a genre they show you more in that genre. So I start getting more videos on boxers and come across this guy, Nicolino Locche. Skinny chain smoker, no muscle mass, hit like a pansy, but a phenomenal win record because he barely got hit. Entertaining to watch. Check him out.

I have watched that video like 20 times in the last 6 months, he fascinates me :)

I just got back into boxing bout a year ago after not watching for around 25 years and have really enjoyed it, a lot of great talent out now and a ton of events every weekend.. That and ONE (Kickboxing) are fun to watch...

I used to watch them all, go just about ever pay-per-view big fights
from later 70's to late 90's & prior, some great boxers...
I saw Ali/Fraiser & Ali/Foreman at the drive-in theater...

some other notables/greats like;
Sugar Ray, Camocho, Hagler, Hearns, Holyfield, Holmes :blah:
too many I forgot names of now

IMHFO Tison acted like an entitled thug & not a professional, yes he was dominant,
but not a real sportsman...

Not anymore, too corrupted (it's always been shady, just worse today),
& there's no real good Heavyweights
it's all about the light heavy or lightweights & welterweights,
what was 'the undercard' back prior, nobody really cared about...

MMA took it's glory

I used to watch them all, go just about ever pay-per-view big fights
from later 70's to late 90's & prior, some great boxers...
I saw Ali/Fraiser & Ali/Foreman at the drive-in theater...

some other notables/greats like;
Sugar Ray, Camocho, Hagler, Hearns, Holyfield, Holmes :blah:
too many I forgot names of now

IMHFO Tison acted like an entitled thug & not a professional, yes he was dominant,
but not a real sportsman...

Not anymore, too corrupted (it's always been shady, just worse today),
& there's no real good Heavyweights
it's all about the light heavy or lightweights & welterweights,
what was 'the undercard' back prior, nobody really cared about...

MMA took it's glory
Usyk is a damn good HW... but i prefer middle/cruiser anyway.. some good talent out there but there are a lot of events, i use a streaming site that carries everything so i can bounce around to find the good fights

"My era" of boxing was Sugar Ray, Tyson, Holyfield, Lennox Lewis, Marvelous Marv and those kinds of guys....DeLaHoya hung on for quite awhile too. It seemed to be too rigged after all that, too "made for pay-per-view" with guys beating the hell out of their opponent and still getting handed the loss, or over-hyped fights that lasted one minute. M
My buddies and I were regular viewers of the old "Tuesday Night Fights" and "Saturday Night Fights" on ESPN though, (always on in the wee hours of course) up through about the mid-90s. Those were some good bouts, Roy Jones Jr and so on...guys that became bigger later on.

Auto Transport Service
Back