• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Product review: Tire cleaner

Naptha (Coleman camp stove fuel)... hands down.. 30 years of grim in one wipe...

superbirdcleanup2019part2 225.JPG

A lot of us have experienced brown letters on our tires. I’ve tried all the usual cleaners and got the best results from paint thinner, but it doesn’t last. So I talked to the maker of tire cleaners about the brown letters and this is the one he recommended for me. They make several different tire cleaners, I suspect they’re all basically the same. Info and purchase can be found at lasteffortgarage.com.
I followed the directions to the letter. (Which was a bit of a pain in the ***). Must be removed from car and set in sunlight on a 70+ day. Apply heavy coat and let sit 10+ minutes. Squeeze out of letters with putty knife, wipe clean with white rag, do this 4 times, let sit over night, wipe clean in the morning, buff with nylon brush.....I wasn’t amazed at the results like I was hoping to be, still not as white as the letters on the front tires that never had this problem. But much better and acceptable IF they stay that way, only time will tell. They claim this is a once a year treatment.
I’ll follow up and let you know when they turn brown again.
Anybody else try this stuff? View attachment 1118243 View attachment 1118244 View attachment 1118245 View attachment 1118246 View attachment 1118248
I'm old school and use the same
method my father did on his whitewalls.
A good ol' stiff bristle brush and some
cleanser w/ bleach. Those letters will
be snow white.

Armorall extreme tire shine brought back my 40yo+ original BFG Radial T/A tires. They were NOS with the tits still on them and no dryrotting or cracking.
W8f8ppmXw4aSIk02l02jgX9Zjr2APFXsrODCoxciz6w_P3HvEWjt99jWVPlhWE2D9YyGAbKH=w712-h948-no?authuser=0.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back