• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PS cooler

Turbobus

Local time
4:06 AM
Reaction score
I have a Borgeson power steering box in my 73 Charger and wonder if anyone has used a cooler on their power steering and which one they would recommend.
Really didn’t want to put one on but Borgeson recommended it after I called them and told them about the lack of assist after it got warmed up, would have been nice to know before I bought it lol!
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

1696730287282.png

:lol:

A search of the forum would reveal several recent threads on the Borgeson steering box and the various members that have installed them.
In short, YES, a fluid cooler is helpful.
The need for one will depend on several things including how aggressive you drive, the age of the pump, the width of your front tires and the climate where you drive.
I live in the Valley of California where it can get over 110 in the Summer. I drive aggressively because I love a car that corners well. I have 275 series front tires. I have had an inline cooler in the car long before I swapped in the Borgeson unit.
It is cheap insurance against intermittent loss of steering assist.

A search of the forum would reveal several recent threads on the Borgeson steering box and the various members that have installed them.
In short, YES, a fluid cooler is helpful.
The need for one will depend on several things including how aggressive you drive, the age of the pump, the width of your front tires and the climate where you drive.
I live in the Valley of California where it can get over 110 in the Summer. I drive aggressively because I love a car that corners well. I have 275 series front tires. I have had an inline cooler in the car long before I swapped in the Borgeson unit.
It is cheap insurance against intermittent loss of steering assist.
Thank you

I have a Borgeson power steering box in my 73 Charger and wonder if anyone has used a cooler on their power steering and which one they would recommend.
Really didn’t want to put one on but Borgeson recommended it after I called them and told them about the lack of assist after it got warmed up, would have been nice to know before I bought it lol!
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
I bought the cooler along with the Borgeson power steering box from Bergman autocraft. I figured better to install it with the new box.

There's all sorts of generic PS coolers for cheap on eBay and Amazon.

Auto Transport Service
Back