• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PST UCA/LCA Stiffening Rebuild Kit - 72 440/MT B-Body

4404ME

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:30 AM
Reaction score
Hello Again All! I'm working on improving handling, and upgrading OEM with newer parts. Has anyone installed PST Upper Control Arms and/or rebuilt their Lower Control Arms with the PST stiffening kit? Please elaborate. Thanks! P.S. I'll be going to the PST 1.03" torsion bars.

I did go with the PST 1.O3 torsion bars and it made a huge difference. I opted for Qa1 upper and lower arms along with adjustable strut rods. I did that because I plan to use their k-member later as well. My Belvedere handles a lot better than before

I did go with the PST 1.O3 torsion bars and it made a huge difference. I opted for Qa1 upper and lower arms along with adjustable strut rods. I did that because I plan to use their k-member later as well. My Belvedere handles a lot better than before

Do you have a sway bar in front?

Yes. 7/8"

Sorry, question was for Mike Brini, since he has the QA1 lower control arms. I'm trying to clarify if they have a bracket for the sway bar. I don't think they do, and can't see how one could be added.

They do have an eyelet for a sway bar, however I was told by QA1 that their bar only works with their k-frame. I purchased a Hellwig 1-3/8 tubular bar that I just got on and drove today. WOW! I'll be looking for a rear bar next.

They do have an eyelet for a sway bar, however I was told by QA1 that their bar only works with their k-frame. I purchased a Hellwig 1-3/8 tubular bar that I just got on and drove today. WOW! I'll be looking for a rear bar next.

QA1 has dropped the k-frame bar from their website. They've only got bars for the coil-over conversion now.

Did you mount your bar under the k-frame? Another board member made custom brackets to mount the bar through the k-frame. He said he thought the bar was too low under the k-frame.

If you have any questions about our products please let me know. The lower control arm rebuild kit are great way to add strength back into your original control arms without breaking the bank. I have personally installed all the products that you have mentioned. So please feel free to reach out to me with any questions.

Thanks
James From
PST

I went under the frame, I didn't have a factory sway bar but there were holes that needed to be opened up a little to accommodate the Hellwig brackets. For the type of driving I do I don't feel like the bar is too low. I'll try to get some pics

I went under the frame, I didn't have a factory sway bar but there were holes that needed to be opened up a little to accommodate the Hellwig brackets. For the type of driving I do I don't feel like the bar is too low. I'll try to get some pics
Mike, while I appreciate that you’re trying to help someone out, you’re posting to MY original question, on MY original post!

QA1 has dropped the k-frame bar from their website. They've only got bars for the coil-over conversion now.

Did you mount your bar under the k-frame? Another board member made custom brackets to mount the bar through the k-frame. He said he thought the bar was too low under the k-frame.
Please create your own post! I keep getting alerts that are replying to your question on MY original post!

Auto Transport Service
Back