• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PUI Seat Cover Problem

They say that you will get it faster when going through a vendor. Legendary feeds them first, you are second +. Ordered my black bucket covers and foam from Dantes and had it in about a month, but would have to go back and look it up. Waited 11 months from Legendary for my blue Dart interior.

Going by what I am hearing on here about PUI , they have BIG problems in their labor department
It appears so, right? My comment was aimed at Legendary, whom I talked with at length about their lead times.

I can only say when year one quit carrying legendary and went to pui they said the reason was lead times. I do not expect to get my stuff fast from legendary when I order it on sale. Everyone I know planning a restoration orders the "soft" parts first, especially if it is not black. In the 80s and 90s it was not a problem as year one stocked most of it, weird colors were always tough. Those years also had a ton of cars going together, much less now I bet.

I just had a professional upholstery guy install 2 sets of legendary covers. They came out perfect. Every upholsterer I talked to about the job asked one thing:”What brand of covers are we talking about? They all came back with “ if they’re not Legendary, I won’t try to install them. Usually in December Legendary has a 20% off sale. Hit it then, and hit it hard, if you can wait.

legendary wait time was @38 weeks for me. Ordered march ‘23, received 12/28/23. Black 68 charger front and rear covers. The message I got when I ordered was 28 weeks. I did get the rally foam and matching covers for the front. Maybe that’s why it took longer?

I don’t think it’s the foams. It took a couple months back in 2019, but now who knows.

Update, The quality control guy at PUI got in touch with me. He set it up for me to send the back seat back to them at no cost to me. I sent the seat back, they realized that they made a mistake and sent me a replacement back seat. it looks like it will fit. I have to wait for the upholstery guy to install the seat covers for the final results. I will post pictures when complete.

Auto Transport Service
Back