• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radio bezel warped or get new one or ??

70RR

Local time
2:40 AM
Reaction score
I am just about at the end of my budget and took off radio bezel to clean radio..The bezel is warped..I hate to spent $60 on a $10 piece of plastic..Does any one know of an easy way to salvage or do I just bite the bullet and get a new one or look for a flat used one..Thanks Rick :eusa_think:

Have you tried heating up with a heat gun, careful not to melt, then put it under something heavy to press it back into shape?

How bad is it? Sounds like maybe you didn't notice or were not able to tell it's warped when it is mounted in the car???
If thats the case, use what ya got til you can find a replacement.

I picked up a plastic one from year one one time for like $13.00 for my 69 RR

Radio bezel

RIGHT NOW IT IS BETWEEN TWO BLOCKS WITH A CLAMP IN MY WIFES CAR WITH MOON ROOF INSIDE COVER OPEN HOPING IN HOT FLORIDA SUN IT GETS A LITTLE FLATTER..I THOUGHT ABOUT A HEAT GUN THAT IS PLAN B ...THANKS RICK :eusa_think:

Have you tried heating up with a heat gun, careful not to melt, then put it under something heavy to press it back into shape?

Radio bezel

YOU ARE RIGHT I DID NOT NOTICE, THE MORE I LOOK AROUND TO ''FINISH" THE MORE I SEE **** I NEVER NOTICED BEFORE AND IT IS NICKEL AND DIMING ME TO DEATH..IT IS ALL THE SMALL DETAILS THAT SEEM TO TAKE THE MOST TIME TOO...THANKS RICK :eusa_think:

How bad is it? Sounds like maybe you didn't notice or were not able to tell it's warped when it is mounted in the car???
If thats the case, use what ya got til you can find a replacement.

Radio bezel

I AM GETING TO DAMN PICKY FOR MY DRIVER WITH THE SMALL DETAILS..THANKS RICK :grin:

they have a little ark to them anyway and once screwed down how would know ???

Radio bezel

I DID NOT EVEN TRY YEAR ONE THEY ARE NORMALLY THE HIGHEST PRICE..I AM GOING TO LOOK NOW..THANKS RICK :headbang:
I picked up a plastic one from year one one time for like $13.00 for my 69 RR

Auto Transport Service
Back