• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radio restoration upgrade services

dcmason69

Local time
5:18 AM
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my AM thumb roller to AM/ FM with the Aurora electronics.
Does any one have any advice as to best service to deal with the ones I am looking at are
Classic car radio restoration in canada, or Ricks radio conversions and I see there is one called Joes classic car radio. I want to keep my original radio chassis, not looking for all that fancy stuff just am/fm with a aux cable plug.
Thanks

Here is a list of people that restore radios. This is from the Aurora site.
https://www.tech-retro.com/aurora-design/auto-dealers.html

This guy is in your state. And not far from you I might add.
Olson Superheterodyne : (Papillion, NE) [email protected] (402) 740 4201

I also used the authorized installers list and found a fellow in the Chicago area, Ralph the Radio Guy. He did a terrific job, I was happy to use someone local and meet a new “car guy” pal.

My plastic chrome wheel dials needed rechroming and a company called Ornametal in Michigan did a super job.

Ok will consider him.
Has any one used Ricks radio or
Classic car radio restoration in Canada?

I have used Gary Tayman twice in the past year. Good fast service.

https://garytayman.com/
Yes, had really good success with Clay Taymon , nice Guy, easy to talk with and so far very Quality work performed! No experience with Canadian services ! Clay is in Florida, call him for good service or use your choice! Either way hopefully, it will be a satisfying experience for you , good luck ! JC

Gary Tayman has done 2 conversions for me, and the results have been great.

Ok thank you Jc Will give him a call.
Appreciate everyone’s input on this.
Looked at some of the other options like retro sound etc. But nothing like the original radio. Happy I have a nice original and a source for upgrade.
Thank You dcmason69

Auto Transport Service
Back